Then comes some snuggling time - Yes, I actually am asleep, my sister caught this while she was here this weekend. Can we say sleep deprived? ;)
Next comes playtime! That's actually her hand, she just has a sock on because she was cold. Looks funny though! Also, please notice the beautiful quilt she is on, made by my good and talented friend Brittany (check out her blog on the right and see her newfound cake decorating skills!)
After a while, Sydney gets tired of all the stimulation and starts fussing, so we put her on a blanket on the floor and she amuses herself by looking around the room. Good thing her vision is changing so I guess she gets a new view every day! She sits quietly and has her "alone time" until she starts crying, then we swaddle her up and put her in bed. This whole cycle gets repeated about every 4-5 hours (from wake up to wake up, including the sleep). Not too bad for a 5 1/2 week old right?!? I'm hoping she'll start sleeping through the night sometime soon since she slept for about 7 hours the other day (always while I'm awake though). She's a pretty good baby!

11 comments:
She is absolutely gorgeous, Devony! And you make being a mom look like so much fun. How neat that your family got to come down for a visit. I know I can't wait for Thanksgiving when I get to see mine again. Good luck on the FHE class for RS! I know you'll be great!
Welcome back! I was starting to thing that was the end of your blog...just because it had been so religious all the other days. Thanks for the compliments and I am glad you are using the quilt! If I ever find time maybe I will make you some fun other things to use on little Syd. So I get to see you in like a month and a half and that will be fun!
That little girl gets cuter every time I see her...but if she starts sleeping through the night before Eli...she's in BIG trouble!!
The main mommy lesson I've learned is: once you think you have figured out their schedule, it changes. I can't count the number of times I declared to Allie, "I've got it figured out", just to discover she had other ideas. So truth #1 is, go with the flow. After all, its the small moments that are such treasures.
Thanks for the pics. I was getting a little Syd hungry. Its no wonder with all the visitors.
Gees I don't see her for like a week and she's HUGE!
And not to be Debbie Downer, but this is what I learned . . .once I get them in a routine, they change it on me! Someone gets sick or we go on vacation . . .hopefully yours lasts . . .
Cute girl Devony! Hey is it ok if I put your blog address on my blog? I'm new to the whole thing so I don't know if I need some sort of invite or something.
Yeah! That is the cute face that I have missed the last few days! I miss holding her & having her snuggle time! I am glad you posted pictures, I haven't had time yet. (Interesting story of my flight home.)
Sydney is so beautiful! Dev, you look great in your new role as a mother and Aaron looks like he is starting to really enjoy this fatherhood thing. I am so happy for the two of you and your fun family. Keep the posts coming.
I just don't know if you could be a cuter family! Sure love checking your blog- especially with pictures of your new sweet baby! You guys look like pros!
I just can't get over how much she looks like Aaronin the top picture! (Especially the bow and all. It looks just like the one he always wears!)
Love you, Syd!
Congratulations on your baby!!! You probably don't remember who I am but I worked in the sociology department with you all those years ago! I stumbled upon your blog and had so much fun looking at it. I am so happy for your little family. We are in NY while Tyler is in dental school but we are actually going to be in Castle Rock CO for thanksgiving. I am so glad you are doing well. Congrats again. (random question; how did you do your background- I dont know how to do anything but the sample ones they give you)
Post a Comment