Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Got Tagged...

Many times actually, but you have to start somewhere, so we'll start with the one Abby Uno just tagged me with. We'll call it - 6 crazy things about me.

1. I am deathly afraid of moths. Like seriously afraid of them. I cannot explain this unfounded and completely illogical fear. I was driving to dance practice one day in high school (early morning) and a moth flew up in front of my speedometer. I immediately started screaming, pulled my car off to the side of the road and jumped out - still screaming. Keep in mind that it was in the country, in ID, I was alone, and it was about 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning. I guess the positive things was, that since it WAS in the country, I only scared cows. I don't think any humans heard me. Which means it's a good thing it was just a moth.
2. When it starts to snow, I get this overwhelming urge to paint things. Not wall or canvas type painting, but craft painting. I don't paint hardly anything during the rest of the year but as soon as it snows I'm going nuts to be crafty.
3. I was a history major as some of you know. History majors have to write A LOT. Big research papers where you analyze the details of what happened and talk about it. Here's the confession. I loved writing the papers. When I graduated, I was actually sad that I didn't have any papers to write. I love sitting down at the computer surrounded by books with my CMS manual there to guide me in making sure my footnotes are properly created. Ahh, I miss that. Maybe I'll write a paper on something. What should I write it on?
4. This one really won't come as a shock to most of you, but I'm seriously like 5 years old at heart. I love toys and books (I own the coolest little dolls, and lots of toys that Sydney is not nearly old enough to play with, but we have them because I love them and I am determined for her to love them too). I also love cartoons - the classics like Disney, and the unfamiliar (to some) Magic School Bus. I think there is only 1 DVD that I don't own. And I love them.
5. I used to read the encyclopedia - for fun. This resulted in me being such a nerd that I actually corrected my 6th grade teacher on our spelling test. Let's just say I got teased more than a few times for that...
6. My parents had a cassette tape of the Pocahontas soundtrack when we were growing up. When we went on road trips Haylee and I would listen to that tape non-stop pretty much the whole way. We got to the point where we actually could sing all the songs, even the ones not in English. My dad couldn't stand it after about the third time (could you if your kids were listening to weird songs in Indian languages?) and we thought he'd go crazy, but being the patient person he is, he put up with it. I can still remember all the words to the opening song - "In sixteen hundred seven, we sailed the open sea, for Glory God and Gold, and the Virginia Company..." This came in handy when we learned about Jamestown in college. As I remember, we had a quiz or test that asked us to tell what year the Virgina Company left for the New World and 3 reasons they did so. I totally answered based on the song and got the Q right! Good thing Disney did a little research!

I now tag Karen, HAYLEE (this means you have to actually blog), Jane, Cara, Katie, and Kristin.

6 comments:

Leah said...

I totally can relate to your fear of some random, not so scary to some, insect! Its crickets for me! I guess since my parent's basement was infested with them one summer and my room was in the basement... eeww! I had to get rid of one for Brianna the other day (she told me there was a "hopper grass" in our house). I about died!

Allison said...

Did I know that you were as deathly afraid of moth's as I am???? I seriously do not remember that fact, but I cannot go to sleep if I know that there is one in my house. Kyle thinks I am nuts!

Cara said...

OH MY GOSH!! i'm totally deathly afraid of moths, too! i can't handle it if one is in my house. yay for being even more connected at the hip! loves! ps thanks for tagging me...i never get tagged! :)

Shawn and Brittany said...

Didn't know you were already tagged so I tagged you again!

Jenene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenene said...

Hey Dev, my crazy niece...

I think you should write a paper on moths!

Love,

Aunt Jenene