I'm not going to say that I'm sorry to not be working anymore. I really enjoyed my co-workers and it was great getting a paycheck, but there's no chance on this Earth that I'd miss any part of Sydney's growing up or let someone else raise her for me. That's my job as her mother and one that I've always wanted.
I do have to admit though that I feel a little weird. I've been cleaning off my computer tonight so that Aaron can take it back to the office for me and I feel weird and a little naked. Deleting all these files and knowing that I won't have a computer always at my side is a little weird feeling since I've had it for 2 years. Aaron will bring his home at night so I'll still get to blog and everything, but it's a strange feeling knowing that one of the last pieces of normalcy that I had is leaving in about 6 hours. Also my work cell phone will go away, and my air card that gave me Internet access. I really need a laptop and high speed Internet at home. Also Macromedia Fireworks (software program).
Now you will all know why I won't be on IM or Google chat very much anymore (during the day at least), but I will try to continue blogging at night and keep up with email then. I'm feeling a little strange, like this is real, and not just a game or anything, so here's to growing up, moving on, and turning in my laptop. It's been real, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with at my last (paid) job before leaving the job market. Thank you to Michael, Michael (yes, I am sleep deprived, but no that's not a typo, there are two), Mary (even though you're gone), Ryan, Bunny, and especially Chris. You guys are all awesome and I wish you the very best (who knows if you will ever read this, but oh well!). Goodbye MDC after 2 years - the longest I've ever worked anywhere other than as a student! Now I really need to go feed my baby. I can't believe she's not screaming bloody murder since it's been nearly 6 hours since she ate. I think it's a record. Bye. :)
Monday, October 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I didn't know that giving up the computer would mean giving up our daily convos.....now I am sad too!
I'll miss our chats.
I feel for you Dev, just remember you always have someone to call here in Utah who also doesn't have internet during the day!
I am sad that I won't get to talk to you at work, but Sydney will love you for it!
Um, you need to redo your header with picts of your whole family now!
PS who am I supposed to talk to to make the time pass???
*Snif* Goodbye, Macromeida fireworks! If you ever find a free (non-trial) version, let me know. I need that program!!
At least we still have Verizon!
Post a Comment