Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good Weather

Wow, how much do we love the warm weather? A TON!! It's been beautiful here for February lately (mid to high 60s) and we've been loving it. Before Mady was born I was desperate for snow. To me, snow = winter, and I like to experience all 4 seasons, so I'm not ashamed to admit I was wildly jealous when reading all of your blogs and seeing the snow you had. Then Mady was born. Apparently I associated winter (and therefore snow) with the end of my pregnancy. As soon as it was over, I've been craving sun. Probably so I can escape the confines of my self induced quarantine of anyone who might possibly infect my infant with a disease, but still, we want out! Because of this, if the sun is shining (as it does nearly always here), we try to get outside. It's healthy for me and Sydney loves it. Also, if Mady's in the front carrier, she's usually sleeping. Yay. When the warm weather hit this week, I started dressing Sydney in sundresses. I know, I'm crazy, but they're so darn cute! We also painted our toes together this weekend (she was fascinated and will totally show them off to you if you ask) and pulled out her brand new flip flops, which she really likes. This has got to be why God gave me girls.
I just love those pudgy little cheeks, arms, and legs showing. And look, pigtails! Last Friday I convinced her to hold still and I got some teeny hair bands in. Happiest day ever. My daughter won't get called a boy anymore. Plus they're stinkin' cute. Also this morning I will admit that I bribed Syd with gummy bears to sit still while I painstakingly tied teeny tiny bows around those little piggy tails. Then we finished getting ready to leave the house, and as we were walking out the door she ripped them out. I was uber irked. Little stinker.
Mady is filling out and getting cuter. We took her to the doctor on Monday and discovered she might be taking after her large cousins. This 1 month old weighs 11 lbs 7 oz. No wonder those newbie diapers aren't fitting so well anymore...
Check out these next 2 pics. I find them interesting. The lighting isn't the best in this first one, but what do you think? This first one is Mady at 1 month.
This was Sydney at 2 weeks old
Who knows where the time goes. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think they look somewhat similar. Here's to another beautiful day tomorrow and the play group we're going to. Hooray for leaving the house and interacting with other adults. It's not remotely over rated.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for pigtails! I need to make you little bows that you can put above her pig tails so you don't have to tie the bows all the time. I think Syd & Madi look similar too! How funny!

Nikki said...

Wow, they look the same!!! Too cute!
Hot glue a bow to a little clip. Ella has too much hair for headbands but not enough for a pony. Clippie's are all that will stay in her hair.

liv said...

I love your posts Devony! It's great to see your little girls! They are both so darling. I am excited for Olivia to be able to have some pigtails soon! What fun. I'm impressed that she really let you paint her toenails..I tried that once..didn't get very far! :)
I too love the sun and being outside, it's a must in our house.
I thought those pictures were interesting too, they do look quite similar! how special.
Take care!!

Rebecca E. said...

Thats so exciting to have such good weather! We are so jealous her in BOSTON!!!! Seen some sunshine our way. And hooray for pigtails and sundresses, so fun!

Ariana said...

I'm starting to get antsy for spring and warm weather as well. Good thing it's almost March! Oh, and that picture of Sydney in her cute little coat and sunglasses. Your girls are darling!

Allison said...

Sundresses... in FEBRUARY? You crack me up. and make me extremely jealous. I thought it was warm here yesterday cause it was raining and 39 degrees instead of snowing and 10 degree. **Sigh.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

What? They totally do! How fun!

Ashley Nelson said...

WOW!! They do and I love that they are wearing the same dress. Makes it even more ironic.

Amber said...

Emily loves to get her hair done, but always rips everything out. It makes me so frustrated...

They are both so cute. Hope to see you guys again soon!

Haylee Mecham said...

They do look similar!! I love it! And i love the sundress Syd has!! SO cute! And I love mady cakes... So cute! I love her hair and that blankie... I almost stole it for myself.