Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Mushy Gushy Valentine

I've never done a Valentine's Day post, but I thought I'd give a shout out to the love of my life. Here's to you babe!
Some particular things I love about Aaron include:
  • He's funny as heck - Those of you who know him know what I mean. He loves to goof off and joke and is quite witty. As you know, laughter is the best medicine, so I think I'll keep him around. ;)
  • He listens - when I talk I mean. Once in college we were talking with some friends about how wasteful it seemed to be constantly sending flowers and other things that die quickly just to show your wife you love her. I mentioned that it was the thought that counted and that it wouldn't matter if it were a can of cherry pie filling that you sent (it was the first thing that entered my mind!). The next day at work I had a can of cherry pie filling and a card delivered to me. It was the best can of cherry pie filling ever!
  • He's thoughtful - When he moved to Colorado I stayed behind in Idaho for 2 months by myself to work and get things ready to go. It was kind of a crappy time being alone that whole time and he knew I would get sad, so he wrapped a number of small presents and hid them around our apartment. Whenever I got sad he sent me on a treasure hunt to find one. It wasn't even the presents that made me happy (although they didn't hurt!), but the fact that he had thought about it in advance and figured out a way to help.
  • He's Daddy of the Year - Sydney is absolutely in love with him and he's so good with both her and Mady. He doesn't just come home and veg after work (although I know he'd like to a lot!). He plays with the girls, bathes and dresses them, and gives me a break, which makes everyone a little happier!

Aaron we love you! You're the best! Happy V-day bud!

2 comments:

mitch, pam and the rhoadants said...

What a sweet tribute! You two are adorable valentines. I can't believe you're even blogging with a newborn...are you getting any sleep?

Anonymous said...

Very tender. I knew Aaron would grow up that why. He sure got a special wife!