In the midst of all things Mady, I thought I'd do a post for Sydney too. She's still here, we haven't forgotten her or anything, and she's still as sweet as ever. She's 17 months old today (what?!) and I can't believe how big she is. She seems like a giant compared to Mady, but she's also so grown up. She's a true little toddler now.

She's everywhere we do and don't want her to be. She has a mind of her own and loves to play and have fun. She's been getting pretty independent, although Mady's arrival has made her pretty clingy to mom and dad lately. She is saying some new words though and understands a ton more that we say to her. We love her through and through!

She does not love to dress up, but she has obliged my mom and I on a few occasions over the past week and a half. Such as on Sunday when she got all dressed up for 1 hour of church.

Curlers and all! Ok, these were really just for kicks (as you can see above they did nothing for her stick straight on top hair.)

I bought these golf clubs before she was even born and she's just discovered them. She mostly loves the golf balls and can be heard shouting "ball ball ball!" 40 gazillion times each day. It's adorable. Sometimes she even takes a whack at one.

A day or so before Mady was born Sydney discovered her old car seat.

And we discovered how much she had grown! Still looks comfy though.

While my mom was here (did I mention I cried when she left this morning? Like a lot? sigh.) she and Sydney went on walks almost every day. They got to know a lot of the neighborhood dogs and Sydney made her first ever snowman.

And then she quite deliberately smashed his head in on the sidewalk. My sweet little girl.

Last but not least, Sydney decided to share some of her own personal beauty tips with Mady. As you can see here, you should always wash your hair (especially if a toddler like to rub your head with her grubby little hands 10 times a day), use lots of lotion, and get lots of beauty rest! It's a proven formula for success that I'm going to adopt. As soon as I get both of my kiddos to sleep at the same time... Miss you mom.

7 comments:
Oh Dev! How I wish I was closer so I could help you out! Denver needs to not be so far away from all the family!!! Syd is as cute as ever.
I think that Syd is basically the cutest little girl that ever existed.
She is getting so big! I bet it's weird changing a big squirmy body to changing a tiny fragile body.
L
O
V
E
the curler pic! she is such a ham!
ahh, beautiful sydney!! She is such a doll! I know how you felt when your mom left...I cried when mine left too..such a sad day!
That is so cute! Your little Sydney has gotten so big and seems to have such a cute little personality, did I notice her in capris and sandels? what? How lucky you guys are to have nice weather already. Maddy is just adorable and Congrats to you and your family.
I wish I could help out too! Syd is so big!! Isaac is almost looking like that in his car seat... Sad. But he looks little in his new one. I can't wait to see you guys again! We miss you so much!
Post a Comment