Ever since Sydney joined our family we've tried hard to just enjoy the phase that she's in and not hurry her. We never pushed her to crawl or walk and we simply enjoyed her babyness, but honestly, as troublesome as they can be, I have a new love for toddlers!
Babies are sweet and fun to snuggle, but I'm discovering there's nothing like a toddler! Sydney is pretty stingy with her hugs and kisses, but just one of those things melts my heart the way a whole day of snuggling with a baby never could. Probably because she is so stingy with them, when I do get one, it's a big occasion!
Sydney is just starting to grasp the concept of pretend. I brought out some toy food and a little baking set I bought for her and she is absolutely in love with it. Tonight she brought me her little apron to put on her after dinner.
Because she is getting bigger and able to do more things, I've started letting her help in the kitchen. It's so fun to cook with her, although our options are somewhat limited since I'll only do stuff that requires about 3 ingredients and doesn't raw meat.
We've made rice krispy treats once and brownies twice now. She thinks it is so much fun to help out and you can tell she feels so big! It's adorable.
Aaron is more than a little concerned about getting salmonella from cookie dough and brownie mix, so Sydney gets her own bowl and spatula with pudding in it to play with. I stir my bowl and she stirs hers. And then plays in it and eats it.

7 comments:
I am totally a toddler person. It is so fun. They are so excited about EVERYTHING!!!
oh my goodness...did you make that chef hat? i don't know if i've ever seen something so cute! and i PROMISE i'll call you back soon. this week is absolutely nuts...it's midterms. enough said. loves!
She is so cute in the apron & chef hat! I love it! Of course she would "pretend" something with food. She loves any kind of food it looks like.
Well then I'm pretty sure my kids (myself included), should be laying in coffins right now with all the cookie dough we eat! =) They take after there mother.
And Sydney is an adorable toddler. I love seeing her in her little apron. Toddlers really are fun. Newborns are by far the best, but whenever I have a child in the toddler stage, I'm quickly reminded how much I love that as well. She sure is growing up fast! sheesh.
I need to buy one of those cooking sets. Syd looks adorable! We ate and licked spoons from cookie dough and everything and we are ok! So fun!
Oh she is too cute in that apron!
You are such a good mom!!! I love that little chef's outfit - so cute. Sydney is getting cuter by the minute for sure! She and Emily would have a blast together!!!
Post a Comment