Friday, February 06, 2009

Family Time

Wow. I haven't posted since we left the hospital. Something about having a host of nurses dedicated to keeping us all cozy and comfy 24-7 left me lots more time to blog than I currently have. I've promised a few people pictures though, so here I am trying to carve out some time to post them! (I really can't complain though since at the moment my sweet hubby is working on making me belgian waffles with strawberries & whipped cream for breakfast - yum!)
First things first - we were discharged from the hospital on Sunday January 25. Aaron got Mady and I home and our friends brought sweet Sydney back (after bravely taking her to church with them - thanks!) Sydney went down for a nap and when she woke up, she took one look at Mady and burst into tears. It was the saddest thing ever! I know she'll love her eventually, but I've never felt so guilty for ruining my little girl's life! As you can see here though, she wasn't violent or anything towards Mady, and even consented to pose for some pictures with the rest of us.
This kid is noisy!
Checking out Mommy's fancy bracelets
and Mady's spiky hair
Aaron even got Sydney to hold Mady after a few days so we could snap this adorable shot of our pretty in pink girls.
My mom nd dad came out a few days later to get some snuggle time in with Mady and to help ease the transition to 2 kiddos.
Mady is a total snuggler by the way. After my dad went back to work my mom stayed in Grandma land for a while to help out. She leaves tomorrow. Gulp.Sydney getting some extra daddy time while they are here.
Sydney has needed lots of extra love and snuggles from mom and dad lately, and we're only too happy to oblige! She gets in lots of walks with Grandma on the good weather days and comes home to tell us about the doggies she saw. She's a sweet girl and has come a long way from that first day. She now gives Mady presents, loves, and kisses and is very sweet to her. She likes to rub Mady's head and tries to help me change her diaper (maybe a sign she's almost ready to be potty trained?). We love our sweet girls!

11 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

That is sad that Syd cried as soon as she saw her. Poor kid. Looks like she is transitioning well though. I can't wait to meet the new niece.

Christina said...

Wow! Congrats on that BEAUTIFUL little girl! She's gorgeous! Poor Syney, but it sounds like she's adjusting quickly. I absolutely LOVE cuddlers. Mason is the best and I eat up every ounce of it! Good luck with everything (and you look great BTW).

Haylee Mecham said...

Well Dev you have 2 beautiful little girls! I can't wait to see Mady for the first time and see Syd again. I'm glad that she is more happy with mady too. That will help so much!! You are looking good! Love you and miss you!!

Rachel and Tyler said...

I remember the transistion to two being hard. There are things I would do different if i were to do it again. Having two is SO fun though. Pretty soon they will be best friends. They are both so beautiful. I agree with the above comment...you look GREAT!

Heath and Jessica said...

You look so good Dev! I can't wait to see little Mady! I love her head of hair! I'm glad Syd is adjusting. I totally understand where she is coming from though, being the oldest. The only pic I couldn't download is the one with mom holding Mady. When you get a few, if you could e-mail it, I would appreciate. I love the pic of Syd holding Mady! How sweet!

Kiery said...

Mady is so adorable! I love that Sydney cried when she saw her... lol I wonder if I did that with my sister? Plus I'm really glad you guys are doing good! We are definitely coming to visit this summer!

Katie said...

YAY!! First off..You updated! I was trying so hard to be patient about more pictures..so thank you!
Second off, SO sad that Sydney cried when she saw Mady..poor baby! I'm glad that things are transitioning better.
Third, I am LOVING Mady's hair..HOLY COW! There is a ton of it and she is a beaut!
Fourth? YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!! Miss you!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

I can completly relate to the whole "not liking baby sister at first". Rylee wasn't too fond of Sophie at first. It took about a week for her to even go near her, and now, at times, she's begging her to leave her alone. Ah, you can never win.
Mady is gorgeous and we are all so happy you've posted again. I'm lovin' all that hair too. That is some great bow hair for sure!!!! I'm so jealous.
I just want to fly out and hold the teeny thing. Newborns are so fun.
And I'm glad that Sydney is adjusting better. It's hard to have undivided attention and then all of a sudden not. They will be the bestest of friends though.

Nikki said...

Sooooo cute! I wish we lived closer!!!!

kachers said...

How is it possible that you look SO GOOD!?! Your girls are adorable and I remember that feeling when Mom left too ... tears! I'm so glad that Sydney warmed up to Mady, or it looks that way in the pictures. I felt sad for Syd when I read that she burst into tears. It made me wonder how Riley's going to react, one day [not making an announcement] but certainly when that day comes I'll be coming to you for advice! Can't wait to hear more!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

2 kiddos!!!! Yeah! We are so happy for you guys!