Time for another catch up post. They're coming slowly, but surely, and nothing else is really happening, so it's not that big of a deal. As a matter of note, Sydney discovered her Sit n' Spin a bit ago and decided she really liked it.
Also she discovered Egg Nog. Which she went nuts over. She started crying when the cup was empty and pointing at the carton. Yeah, I think she liked it.
My parents got her this great little Walk n' Ride toy. She can go backward when riding and forward when walking. That's all for now. But look - she has enough hair that it is flipping out in the back! Finally! Maybe she won't get called a boy every other day now.
Taking off. She learned quick that this was a fun toy.
Sydney had fun chilling with Grandpa while my mom and I got the kitchen all messy
While making Applesauce! We started with a nice mountain of homegrown apples - yum!
Quartered them and cooked them until soft.
Watched Sydney really enjoy her toy
Put them through this uber-fancy gizmo called a Victorio Strainer. Apples, guts, juice, etc. go in the top, applesauce comes out the bottom, sludgies come out the side to be buried in my garden for compost. Slick.

Also she discovered Egg Nog. Which she went nuts over. She started crying when the cup was empty and pointing at the carton. Yeah, I think she liked it.Mix cinnamon and some sugar with large pot of applesauce. Cook, pour in jars, seal in a hot water bath.

18 comments:
Oh, you are SO cute, Devony! Aren't we so grateful for moms that know all this cool stuff?! It looks like a lot of fun! Oh, and for the record, Sydney totally does NOT look like a boy.
Devony you are so slick!
And what? Egg nog in October???
when I make applesauce I have to peel all of the apples, your way looks way easier!
Pretty applesauce! Made from mom's apples, I am assuming! I saw egg nog the other day, but didn't get any yet. She has good taste! I love her cute little hair flip thing! She is such a crack up!
I would LOVE your recipes for apples!
Dev, I LOVE to make applesauce. It is such a satisfying thing. Sadly Abby & I made so much last year that I didn't need to do any this year. Syd is growing up so fast. Kylie is at about the same hair point, so I feel your pain there. Thanks for the pics. So fun to see you growing, too!
Oh that looks yummy! I am impressed with your domestic skills!
Looks like so much work..hehe! Anyway, I love that Sydney has her own set of wheels and is enjoying them! Also, you look fantastic and it is crazy that you are showing! You really look great!
I love you, I miss you. I have something I want to show you. I read this childrens book and I said. Devony needs this!!!! I miss you I love you. I will talk to you soon!
Hello from me at 2:50am. My new thing is that I wake up starving at 2:30 and have to eat. We aren't just talking granola bar starving either. Two nights now in a row, I feel like I'm going to barf if I don't eat. Very annoying. Very cute pictures. Now you have lots of Sydney Sauce to eat.
Looks like fun, I am hoping Olivia will get some hair soon too :)
Hey I have some apples and was wanting to some applesauce and apple butter sounds cool. Do you use a recipe? If so will you email it to me? That would be awesome!
You look darling by the way!!
Andrew went nuts for egg nog also. Seriously, the only thing my mom could give him to stop crying. I think you should make me some applesauce. Where did you find your canner? I have yet to be able to find one here.
So fun! Why does this not surprise me. You've always been so good about doing things like this! I'm so impressed.
By the way....I love that you are showing. You look great! Miss you.
Look at all that hair! Next step pigtails!! :)
I want to can stuff so badly! My garden seems to hate me though...
Sydney is so cute - I can't wait to see her Halloween costume.
It's so great to see picts of your parents. I feel like it's been 10 years since I last saw them. (Probably nearly has, actually. It's crazy that I can say that; I think we're officially old now.) Tell them hi for me, will you?
I LOVE that you two made applesauce together, especially since you made it the exact same way my mom makes it too! I always loved helping her, and it's something I tend to miss every fall. :( We did go apple picking in MI, but I didn't--and still don't--have the equipment to do any canning. Maybe that'll be on my Christmas list after we buy a house with apple trees of our own. ;) (Um, if apples even grow well here in NC....I have no clue.)
I also totally hear you on the boy hair thing! H's still doesn't go below her neck, partly because it's curly, but it really is still pretty short. (Well, it was curly until this dry fall air hit us; suddenly it's just a mess! I used to be able to get away with just brushing my fingers through it once or twice every day and it would be gorgeous, but now it's mostly straight with random waves and curls here and there, and I'm not exactly sure what to do with it since my hair was always so straight....) Up until the beginning of the summer she was called a boy 90% of the time. I guess at that point she started wanting to wear cute, summer dresses and be girly. ;) Just the other day I was again asked, though, if she was a boy or a girl. I hope by the time she's THREE (Feb!) it'll be a little more obvious!!!!!
Egg nog has always been one of my favorites too-- especially if you add something like diet sprite to it so it's bubbly and not as stong.
Those apples are so pretty! It's applesauce and apple butter truly made from scratch, even the apples were homegrown!! This looks like so much fun and so yummy. What a fun fall activity!
You are cute Preggers!! :)
Post a Comment