Thursday, October 16, 2008

Liberals and Conservatives

We've never gotten political on this blog before, but considering the circumstances, it's time to. Please no one get offended, the views expressed on this blog are representative of this blogger only and are limited to the candidates in question. So here we go. I'm curious - which debate have you liked most? Was it the Palin-Biden one? Maybe the townhall style Obama-McCain one? Or last nights? My personal favorite was the one that occurred this morning at 11:30 MST. Just in case you missed it, here are the highlights.

The Players:
The Scene: Our backyard and garden

Dialogue:
The Conservative: "Hey, dirt stays in the garden, the flower pots, and the potting soil bag."

The Liberal: No it doesn't. Watch.

How does one respond to such an argument? At least she's a candidate that's very involved in her cause and not afraid to get her hands dirty. Seriously take a look at those fingernails. Ew.

Notice how the Liberal candidate feels very strongly about conservation. None of the flowers are disturbed - only the dirt.

After the debate was over we had some much needed cleaning up (check out those socks).

The candidates then met for lunch (check out Ms. Liberal's fashion statement) during which Mrs. Conservative noted that her opponent still had dirt in her ear, and on her nose. It was also later found in the one little white item of clothing she still had on. At least she accessorized.

So who do you think won this debate? And which of these candidates are you voting for?

11 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Oh I say the liberal totally won. She has you in the palm of her hand!

HA!

jksfam said...

Cute post, Devony! She's a winner and a cutie!!!

Heath and Jessica said...

That is such a cute idea for a post! Way to go Dev! I agree that the liberal won!

Christina said...

Well done, Devony. I loved it! So creative! I tend to lean toward the conservative party, but I'm just too impressed with Ms. Liberal and her presentation. She's got my vote this time! LOL!

Unknown said...

I love the confused look on her face as she stares at her dirt-filled hand. What a cute post Devony!

Katie said...

Hehe, this was so cute!! I think the liberal is a doll!

Abby said...

I'm remaining Independant. But the liberal is cuter. No offense, miss Conservative. Syd's just got the youth vote. ;)

Haylee Mecham said...

I agree the liberal won.. try again next time conservative mommy. Oh and those socks were awesome... and hooray for finding dirt in her diaper too...

natalie said...

You compete with those politics.... they're so controversially cute!

Ashley said...

What a cute blog! (I am Ashley (Witters)Wall, I grew up with Aaron's family in Ucon, and found you through my sister-in-law Ariana.) What a cute family. Tell Aaron you can check out Cory's family through their blog, which is on my site. And as much as I hate to admit it...the liberal probably won :)

Amber said...

What a fun post!

She is getting so big!