Remember how I'm really struggling to find clothes right now? Long shirts happen to be the bane of my existence at the moment since my already long torso is not staying completely covered, but maternity shopping? Not all it's cracked up to be. Up til this point all 3 shirts I've bought have come from Ross and their sometimes good but hit-and-miss selection.Then I saw in the Sunday paper that JC Penney was having a 50% off the lowest clearance price sale. You know me, I'm there. I came away with 5 shirts for $10.55. Not one was maternity, just those Juniors shirts I used to hate with the empire waist. I would never wear them because I was terrified someone would ask me if I was prego and it would be really awkward and horrible. Now I really love those shirts. And somehow, long shirts are in style for teenagers but not prego women. Go figure. I'm just really happy that I have another weeks worth of clothes to wear. So happy I had to blog about it. Hooray!

8 comments:
now i am going to JCPenny tomorrow to see if i can find any good deals now that i am not in the preggo stage anymore and can fit in regular clothes now. yay!
Glad you found some shirts that fit. It gets so crazy with the ever expanding belly. At 3 months with my first three I looked like I was due any day. At 7 months people always asked are you having TWINS? Nope...Just a baby at 10lbs 7 ozs. Hope your pregnancy is going well.
Oh man! I missed that sale? Bummer. Let me know next time you hear of one of these!
Hi! We went to high school together, and I found your blog in a round about way through other blogs. I hope you don't mind!
I found a maternity dress at JCPenney last year for less than $2 (including tax) and it was originally almost $40. No joke! Also, if you're having trouble with short shirts you might want to check out this website: www.toplessundershirt.com
I've never tried it, but it sounds like a good idea. Congratulations & good luck!
~Melanie (Hunting) Nielsen
Hey I hear ya about the long torso thing..that is how I am built as well...I ended up wearing juniors shirts as too..It worked good. I got them out the other day thinking I might expand my wardrobe (I'm not pregnant.) anyway yea not wearing them don't want that uncomfortable "when are you due" question!! haha
I liked sweaters/cardigans those are sometimes fairly long,
goodluck!! :)
Happy 100 days until your baby.
I got most of my clothes from the jr. section when I was pregnant too :)
Try craigslist too. I found a bunch of prego clothes there.
Post a Comment