Monday, October 06, 2008

Weekend Happenings

What a weekend. We enjoyed friends (Karen & I made more jam), good food, great General Conference talks (a semi-annual meeting held by our church for the more than 13 million members worldwide - click here to learn more about our beliefs), and all sorts of good fun. Here's the highlights in full technicolor: Of course we start with Sydney getting into things Why am I not supposed to play in the dirt? That's what it's there for!
She looks like a little pink soldier with that hat on
She really loves this blankie & pillow
Here is how we entertained Syd during conference Saturday morning - 1 plastic bag, 1 rock, multiple halloween spiders. Good times. She's hooked.
Sydney feeding herself chocolate pudding

Not so thrilled when it was gone.

My beautiful rolls. Homemade rolls and homemade jam. The best ever. Yay. Pair them with New potatoes & peas and a yummy roast and you have one great Sunday dinner. If I do say so myself.

Also in recent news:

1.Sydney has learned what jam is and that she loves it. Whenever she sees it she points to it and emphatically grunts.

2. She blew kisses today. Could be a fluke but it was cute.

3. I got free yogurt at Albertsons - actually they paid me once I used coupons. Hooray!

4. Blogger does not want to post my video, so you will have to wait until I get it up another way.

8 comments:

liv said...

yummy! those rolls look so good! I bet the jam is great too. My friend and I have been canning and we did some apple pie filling and it actually turned out really good. (I use it for apple crisp as well) it's satisfying to do things like this eh? :)
yea for a great conference weekend. Weren't the talks amazing?

Kristi said...

You are amazing. I am sorry I haven't talked to you in so long. But I will call you tomorrow or Thursday because I need to talk to my Dev.

Adrianne Miller said...

The pictures are cute. I hope the video gets fixed soon. She's so cute!

Heath and Jessica said...

Pretty rolls! It is such a feeling of accomplishment when your rolls turn out looking & tasting like mom's! Syd is such a cutie pie!

Shawn and Brittany said...

Way to go Dev! Some day I will make home made things again...until then freezer food is nice.

rick and cheryl said...

Hey, Albertson's paid me 6 times too to take their yogurt from their shelves. I love it when that happens!! Yummy rolls and jam-a definite favorite!

Unknown said...

Is that your mom's recipe?! That is the recipe I use every time I make rolls and everyone always LOVES them! Absolutely delish!

natalie said...

She is so cute! Her expression in the dirt picture is priceless!!!