It's that time again. We have nothing to blog about forever, then something happens and we're playing catch up. This time my parents came out to visit. We did lots of things we don't usually do, took lots of pictures, etc., which leaves me way behind on the blogging. We'll try to get it caught up quick! First things first - last Saturday we drove to Pike's Peak in Colorado Springs to ride the train to the top. We've wanted to a number of times, but first Sydney was too little (something about kids having to be 2 mo. old before you can take them to that altitude), then Aaron couldn't go with us. We wondered if my delicate state would intervene this time, but the train depot man simply informed us that he had heard it was best not to go in your third trimester. I informed him I was still early in my second, so I was good to go. Then I realized on the way up that it was actually the first day of my third trimester. Oops. I think I missed a couple of months. This was a shot looking out our train at another one coming and you could see the cool track. The train was a cog rail one, so it has a center track in addition to the 2 traditional ones. Neato.
The old caretakers house above the tree line. I would not love to live here.
My parents on the train
Mommy & Sydney
At the outside summit sign. Um, 21 degrees? BRRR!!!
Back in the relative warmth of the train
One of the many pretty views
Sydney after she finally crashed. I was so happy it was a long train ride once she finally fell asleep. Thank goodness we brought her a bottle - she hadn't had one for a month, but Aaron insisted we bring it. Smart Man. Gave it to her and she crashed on the way down. This prevented her from screaming like another person's kid on the train. Yay.
Sydney & Daddy at the car. It was 80 degrees at the bottom. A 60 degree difference was a lot!We had a great time going and were able to enjoy a lot of thing without subjecting any of us to the extreme weather, altitude (my heart rate jumped so high on top!), or exertion that hiking would have required (also I'm totally not allowed right now). I love technology.

5 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun! What a difference in temperature! I love Syd's little coat! I have always wanted a coat like that!
Hey guys! Glad to hear you are doing great! We miss you! Congrats on the pregnancy!
I'm glad your parents are able to come and visit with you guys...did they have a fun time at the cabin with Lewis & Karen?
Hope to see you guys soon - hopefully not having to wait until the next reunion, but who knows...
Yay! Your parent's came..how fun! That train ride looks awesome! Glad you had a blast.
OH that sounds like so much fun! Isn't that the train where at one point the first and least seat are like 3 stories apart in height?! Crazy!
I enjoyed the pictures.
When is your baby due?
Post a Comment