Ok this is my last catch up post from my parent's visit. I've not had great computer access the last couple of days, so I'm getting reacquainted with the world tonight! When my parents came to visit in June, we went to the zoo and I left with a zoo pass. We've used it a bunch this summer (I love it and always want one now) and we were able to use it with them when we went last week. It was actually a PERFECT day! It was warm enough to be out, but cool enough that the animals were totally active and the zoo was not remotely crowded. Yes! We all had fun watching Syd's reactions to the animals. She gets more observant each time we go. She spotted almost all of them this time and she's sort of an animal lover and goes a little nuts when she sees them. It's really cute. Here she is with grandpa.
We went in the Lorakeet exhibit and birds started landing on my mom! They usually only do that if you are feeding them (we weren't), but they really liked her. Syd was totally confused about it.
Her other favorite each time is some type of monkey. This time it was the Emperor Tamarins. He's hard to spot, but you can see his long white mustache just like a Chinese Emperor.
And finally, mom and Sydney at the zoo. There was a great big leaf storm about 3 minutes after we took this picture and it was snowing leaves. I loved it. Sydney tried to feed me leaves, they all ended up in some interesting places, and we had a great time. We love the zoo.

7 comments:
You look great! You don't even look pregnant at all!
Glad I (well, Connor, really) could provide you with an inside joke. :)
I'm impressed at your canning. I only did pickles this year. Next year I hope to be better. .
Oh, and your baby bump (be it ever so small) is adorable.
How funny that Syd's favorite was the Komoto Dragon!!! At least no one got pooped on in the bird exhibit. You look so good! I want to go to the zoo!
I have a top out of almost the exact fabric that you are wearing with Syd! I got it at Ross! Great minds think alike!
Wow, I knew I missed you guys, but now seeing the pictures of your parents makes me miss you guys even more. I know that someday I will be providing twizzlers to my kids friends at parties. I will probably think of George's house every time.
aw I watched the youtube video, how cute...
that's fun that the lorikeets landed on your mother.
Sydney is getting so big! What a beautiful girl.
I am Sooo glad you found my blog. So good to see you guys too.Congrats on baby #2. Where do you guys live now? Keep in touch. Feel free to add our blog to yours...I will be adding yours to my google reader so we can keep in touch- YEAH.
Post a Comment