Sunday, September 07, 2008

Where Did My Baby Go?

Remember how last year she was this?


And now she's this? What happened?


Last year on September 9 Sydney was born at 12:45 am and we met her at 3:30 that afternoon. Over the past couple of days I have been sort of reliving these days from last year and thinking how different life is. Case in point - I was up this morning changing nasty pee sheets from her crib and bathing my icky baby, whereas last year on this day, it was my second to last day getting ready without a baby. Weird. We're so glad to have you Sydney and we love you soooo much! Thanks for coming to be our baby! You're such a good girl and Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Heath and Jessica said...

Yeah! I'm the first to post! It is hard to believe she was ever that little! I'm so glad she decided to go to your family, (though she wasn't able to directly.) She is a wonderful niece & I think she is the cutest niece in the world (until January, then it will be a tie.) It looks like she might be a lefty from the video of her eating her cake.

Adrianne Miller said...

She just likes to smash it! How cute!

Haylee Mecham said...

Wow... she really enjoyed that cake.. and my birthday is coming up so you should send me some of that lemon and raspberry stuff.. it looked awesome. And I think she will be a lefty too!! And she is the cutest niece ever... and she will be such a great big sister in January... We can't wait!!

Adrianne Miller said...

It's 3:30 right now exactly! Happy one year of being a mom!

rick and cheryl said...

Happy Birthday, Sydney. Looks like it was a great day. I'm amazed at how quickly this year has gone!!

Katie said...

What a joy! She is so cute and we are sure that the Birthday was FABULOUS!