Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Car Seat Advice
Ok I need some advice on car seats. It is time to get Sydney a bigger one, and we want to know which ones you all have used and whether or not you like them. If you know about one that your friend likes, let us know that too. We want to know what you love and hate about those car seats and whether you feel like you got a good deal for what you paid. Tell us if it is wearing well or if you feel like it will be done for after 1-2 years. Let us know your thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I am looking for one that has good head support to promote napping in the car =) I also want one that becomes a booster seat so we don't have to buy yet another car seat!
I have been told Britax is the best... but I don't know for myself. I am curious to see what you find out and end up getting!
Head support is a must! Our transition car seat can sit forward or backward too, which is nice since you can use it from the time they get too long for a carrier until they move into a booster! It doesn't become a booster, but I don't mind since boosters are cheap ($14) and by the time #1 is in a booster, #2 will need the car seat.
Our 5-point harness has two buckle pieces (one form the right and one from the left) that have to be fit together just so before being snapped in the buckle bottom part simultaneously. It can be a pain
& Grandparents have a hard time with it. I have friends/family who have similar harnesses, but you can snap the left side and right side in the bottom independently.
Also, look at how easy it is to take the cover off to wash it (ya know: throw-up, blow-outs, and ice cream cones, ect.). Ours is a royal pain-in-the-behind to disassemble and re-assemble. Right now it needs to be done, but I keep putting it off since it takes 10 min to get it off and 10 more to get it back on, plus I have to keep the 100 or so pieces our of little hands in the mean time. That said, it always looks like NEW when it I do wash it, even after two kid-o's wear and tear.
Sorry, I know know the brand & model on it. I couldn't see it on it and its been 4 years. It is basically the same as the cosco one.
We have the evenflow triumph III. We really like it. It is a convertable carseat so she has been in it since she was 9 months and it will fit her until she is 5. It is super easy to get her in and out and it has a little turn thing on both sides to adjust the straps. It also cleans up pretty easy. We can take the cover off and throw it in the wash. It has the seatbelt type strap to hook in to the car which make it much easier to get it in and out because you just have to push the button. We have really liked it so far :) Babies r us has a place with a backseat of a car thing that you can try out all the seats and see how easy they are to get in and out and you can have the kids sit in them to see how they fit and how they will sit in the car. That really helped us decide. Good luck! Let us know what you find out :)
check out the Britax Boulevard http://www.britaxusa.com/
We bought this for Reese a month ago and absolutely love it! It got great reviews....definitely worth the $$$.
Love all the pics of Sydney.
We've enjoyed the Cosco Alpha Omega. We originally got it because we thought Alex would need the higher weight limit for rear-facing (it's up to 30 pounds rather than 22) but he quit gaining weight as rapidly and would have been fine with the regular 22 pound limit. It can also be used as a booster which we have done, too. It's been used by 3 kids and we currently have Melissa in it 8 years after we got it for Alex. (Yeah, I know you're only supposed to use carseats for 5-7 years, but I didn't want to buy another 5 point harness for what could be our last child.) Rachel has them for both of her kids and likes them other than the fact that the base is semi-bulky if you have more than one on the same seat.
I've also heard good reviews about the Britax line, but they are more $$$.
I love the britax car seats. They are really easy to install and also very easy to adjust the straps. I had both a graco and an evenflo before the britax and I definatly like the britax the best. It is a lot more money but I was lucky to find both of mine(I have a roundabout and a marathon) on close out prices. The marathon can hold a child up to 60 lbs. I really like the idea of one that hold higher weight. Anyway I got on my soapbox but I love knowing my kids are safe.
Britax is awesome for head support. And it can hold them until 40 lbs. Gav still isn't 40 lbs. It's a little expensive, but well worth it.
I have the Britax for both Rylee and Sophie and I LOVE them! They are so lush and they are so great to travel with because they recline AND have great head support if they fall asleep.
Also,
5-point harness, the fabric is so soft, they are top rated from Consumers Reports and they are just great. The seat covers are removeable so you can wash them as well. They also have one that holds up to 40 lbs. and another that will hold up to 65 lbs. It also sits rear facing as well. I don't know what else to say, other than I LOVE THEM!
Let us know what you decide.
Look at the ricaro seats. They make seats for nascar races so they are super safe.
sorry, its recaro.
Post a Comment