Friday, September 12, 2008

High School Revisited

I got tagged on this by a friend I met a year ago, so it was fun to see her HS self. Here's mine:
1. Did you date someone from your school? Never more than once.
2. What kind of car did you drive? A red/maroon Ford Tempo that we sold the day we moved to Colorado. No joke.
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of HS? The only ones I can think of had to do with costume problems at Dance performances. I never had a "wardrobe malfunction" because I had the good sense to wear both underwear and opaque tights, etc. at all times, but there were a few moments where dresses came undone while on the dance floor, skirts fell off on stage, etc. Oh, wait. I just thought of one. Senior year I played Meg in Brigadoon (she's the slutty comic relief character) and I sang a song about all the guys I'd slept with while making some rounds in the audience. I ended up getting pulled down on my back on my friend's brother's lap - and he'd been home from his mission for like 2 days. I guess it was probably even more traumatic for him than me!
4. Were you a party animal? Yes. It was not unusual for my mother to get a call late Saturday afternoon or early evening checking to make sure I could bring "a few" friends out. She started getting smart and asking how many to plan for after awhile. There were usually about 30 people there and she always provided food.
5. Were you considered a flirt? Not until college.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in orchestra for 1 year and choir for 3.
7. Were you a nerd? This will be further answered in the following questions, but yes. Completely.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? Um, no.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? For what? No.
10. Can you still sing the fight song? I don't even know if we had a fight song, so no.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Emfield, Mr. Jones (both History teachers!), Mort, and Mr. Ward.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? It was different each year. Sometimes in the commons at the tables and sometimes we had a group that sat in the stairwell.
13. School mascot? This is Aaron's favorite. He thinks it's hysterical that our mascot was the Trojan and the town our school was in (not where I lived) had the highest teen pregnancy rate per capita. Really. Jay Leno even mentioned it.
14. Did you go to homecoming, and with whom? Yes, um I have no idea. Our school had tons of dances and it was my goal senior year to go to all of them, which I did. That's way too many dates that didn't end up mattering.
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? I was desperate NOT to leave high school because I loved it, but looking back, NO WAY!
16. What do you remember most about graduation? Writing my Valedictorian speech on the way to the ceremony and being glad I got to sit on the air conditioned stand, not in the hot hot hot group of graduates.
17. Where did you go senior skip day? To school. See #7. Also the school said if the seniors didn't do senior skip day we'd go on a senior trip. Which we did, to Lagoon. Ooh. That said, I think this is the one and only time in my life I actually went on roller coasters or crazy rides and liked them. I guess you're only young once.
18. Were you in any clubs? National Honor Society (pretty much on paper only), Ballroom Dance Team, Showchoir, Choir, Orchestra (for a time), and Bell Choir (I know it's nerdy, but it was actually really fun).
19. Have you gained some weight since then? I've definitely gained, and then lost, and my current state means I am on the gaining side again.
20. Who was your prom date? Um, Thayne Dawson maybe? Once again, can't keep the dances straight.
21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Not unless I happen to be in town. What's the point?
22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Enjoy it all and don't stress so much.
Tag some people: you, you and you!

No comments: