Thursday, September 18, 2008

So Big!

Remember how little she was the first time she drove?
She's grown a little bit!
She got to help daddy pull the truck a few feet up the driveway!
Then she went for a ride on the garbage can! She's so big!
We took Sydney to the doctor yesterday for her one year check up. She is 29 1/2 inches long and weighs 21 lbs 10 oz. She's in the 60th percentil for weight and the 50th for height, and her big old noggin' is still in the 97th percentile. She's growin' big brains!
We've been shopping for car seats and long shirts lately (I'm finding that my shirts are inching up while my pants are inching down, so there's a couple new inches that need to be covered!) . Being tall already, it's been a little interesting finding shirts long enough - good thing it's the fashion right now! On the car seat front, I'm finding that not all car seats work so well in all cars, and that it's a little tricky getting 2 car seats in the back seat together, especially both rear facing. What happens when we get 3 kids? With the car seat rules these days, we'll have to have 3 side by side! Nice little situation, but we'll figure it out! (But not for a long time still!)
On another note, Sydney is at such a fun age! She is so perceptive about everything lately! We took some garbage out to the curb today and she spotted a leaf lying on the road. There was some water running down the gutter so we sat down and made leaf boats and floated them down stream. I gave her leaves and she tossed them into the water (instead of eating them!), then watched them float away and lifted her arms up in a "where did it go?" gesture. It was so fun.

9 comments:

Cam and Chelle said...

Cute pics Dev! Congrats on making it through the first year! FUN!

Annie said...

I love how she and Aaron have the same look on their faces in the first driving picture! So adorable!

Heath and Jessica said...

I'm sure you guys had tons of fun making leaf boats. Now you need to play "pooh sticks" with her.

Unknown said...

I love the huge grin on her face while she's "driving" the truck! Those are classic pictures to have for her to laugh at when she's older. She's so beautiful, Dev! When are you gonna post a belly pic? Now that you're showing some, you know we all want to see how cute you are pregnant!

alli and scott said...

CUTE pics! Isn't it fun watching and interacting with our little guys through each stage of development? By the way, Miles had a large noggin too . . . I guess they were meant to be!!! :)

alli and scott said...

did I say "had"??? I meant that Miles HAS a large noggin . . . :)

The Knight Family said...

She is such a doll! Karson enjoyed looking at her picture too!

Haylee Mecham said...

I love the car pictures.. We have not let Isaac Drive yet... We are so mean.

Ree-ch said...

Devony,
One CUTE baby...you did good. I would reconsider Colorado if they are allowing children that young to start driving.
I am living NW of Portland now, but we are looking for an apt after the honeymoon...only 28 more days. I would love for you to come to the reception but even more excited if we can get together sometime, you come up here or we go down to Colorado.
Your family looks so happy and I hope everything is going well. Call me sometime on my new phone 217-775-9106.