Sunday, September 07, 2008

Best Day Ever!!!

I'm pretty sure Sydney thought she'd died and gone to heaven on Saturday. I don't think it gets any better than her day did when you are one! First I finished sewing a dress for her. We were having a luau party for her and she had nothing to wear! I was totally excited about the dress because I didn't have a pattern - I winged it and it turned out great (if I do say so myself)!
Every party dress needs a bow!
Her first strawberry. Big surprise, she loved it!
Whacking Churro - the chocolate filled burro
More than a little confused about the "pony rides"
The cakes - the writing was perfect until I put it in the fridge. Then it bled. :(
Dad is giving me fire?
I can get messy and you don't care?
The family!
Wow that was yummy cake! She ate almost every single bite!
I taste good!
Fastest way to clean up!
Opening presents!
She was so good almost the whole time! She was entertained by all the other kids, thrilled that she was being fed, completely focused on devouring her cake, and in a total sugar rush for presents and socializing with her guests afterward! It was a really fun day! Thanks everyone who came and made it so fun! I'll try to post the video of her destroying the cake next.

12 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

Yay! I love new posts that I can read at 3 in the morning! What a cute dress and fun party. I'm so sad we missed it. What a cute birthday girl.

Katie said...

FUN! She looks adorable in that dress and I love the family picture!! BTW, you are awesome at making dresses. We still have the one that you made for Livi...ok, she doesn't fit in it anymore (obviously),but we still have it and future babies WILL wear it! :)

Heath and Jessica said...

What a cute dress! Of course you could wing it, you & mom both. I on the other hand would have a hard time, mine would have looked like a potato sack. It looks like she had a wonderful time! Hard to believe she is all ready 1 year old!

4HessGirls said...

Looks like Sydney had a very Happy Birthday. She is such a cutie and I love the birthday cake pictures. I can't wait to see her video with the cake!

Amber said...

I can't believe she is a year already!!

Talents seem to just drip from you - cute dress!

The Dixon Family said...

Looks like fun!

Happy Birthday Syd (tomorrow)!

Gomez said...

Happy birthday Sydney!

Devony....you are just way to talented. I can't even sew a straight line and you make a dress without a pattern....YOU ROCK!

Haylee Mecham said...

I love her dress!! Wish we could have been there!! We love our little chub-a-lub. Happy Birthday Syd!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Ummmm...could you "wing up" a cute little number for me??? Great job you talented gal! Looks like a great day! That is one loved little girl! How lucky is she to have you two for parents?

Annie said...

I am so bumbed that we missed the party! We had a family b-day party that day too... however, everyone was late to it, so it turns out we could have made both
:( Well, it looks like you had fun! Happy Birthday Syd

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!

Jenene said...

YAY, Syd!
Happy Birthday from your GREAT Aunt!