Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Creepy Quarantine House

I promised Katie a post last week and never got it up. Sorry Katie, but here it is now. Remember on ET when they come in and put plastic up all over the house to quarantine it? That's what my house looked like last week and the week before. I've told a few people that and they didn't believe me, so here's my pictorial proof. In this first you can see our refrigerator in our living room. This was our only major appliance we got to use while they replaced our kitchen floor.
Our kitchen. I discovered I couldn't live without my microwave so I had Aaron cut open the plastic and we made ourselves a little door.
The living room from above. Notice the plastic ceiling that can be seen slightly in the top right corner. They literally sealed the house off so they didn't get dust everywhere while they were working.
A decent view of the doors we had around the house. They are plastic and zip shut. It was very interesting unzipping them and re-zipping them while holding Sydney. Bending up and down like that gave me some seriously sore thighs for awhile.
We're extremely grateful to have our house and all our appliances back! Although it was fun not having to cook and going out to eat all the time, it was awful not being able to cook anything. We like our modern way of living. Hooray for having our house to ourselves again.

3 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

What was up with your kitchen? Isn't your house like brand new? I missed something.

Heath and Jessica said...

Yeah! I am glad that you don't have to make eating arrangements anymore! I like the metal scroll work (what I could see) above your pantry! Very nice!

wendy and brig said...

That is how our house was when we had our tile replaced in our house. What a mess! Why did you have to replace your floor?