Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Zoo Fun

First, thanks everyone for your words of support. While I definitely find myself going a little crazy at some point most days (such is life with 2 under 2), I'm not going over the edge, overly frustrated with my life, etc. Each day I am truly grateful to be where I am and doing what I am doing. I know being a stay-at-home mom isn't for everyone, but it's for me and I love it. Just thought I'd let you all know I'm ok and not about to jump like I sound like in some of the posts below!
Second, we had a fabulous time with my parents while they were here visiting. The girls got really used to having lots of people at their beck and call instead of just me. It was great while they were here, although we spent a couple naughty days reminding them that mommy does not move as fast as mommy+nana+grandpa together. While they were here we made good use of that zoo pass again and took the girls. Then, last Saturday, Aaron and I took the girls back again. Both times Sydney's favorite animal was the hippo. Weird since it was in the water most of the time and not very viewable, but she loved it and waited patiently for it to surface. She now has a plastic "hop-o" that she loves.
Where have the last 5 months gone?
Sydney and "Caca." Really, Dad, it's a term of endearment.
Every time we go to the Zoo it is more fun because Sydney picks up on more things. There are a few interactive things at the zoo (buttons to push, etc.) and Sydney is just discovering them. This time she found these African drums that she was thrilled with. She drummed equally as often on the posts holding the drums in place, but she had a great time with her new little friend.
When Aaron and I took the girls we sat and checked out the peacock for a good 15 minutes. Then he squawked ans scared the pants off of Sydney. The good news - she can now tell you what a peacock says.
We went to a short animal show where they had birds fly over the audience and some run across the stage. Sydney was all about it for a good while. She clapped and yelled "YAY!" every time the animals did something. Then she got bored, but hey, 20 min is a long time when you're under 2.
She got to go pet the dog (and get kisses) after the show.
Still big. Note the matching shirts (I guess you can only sort of see them). I promise I don't do it all the time, only when I take pictures. But it's cute and fun and I won't make them do it forever. Plus I tell myself if Sydney somehow gets separated from us I can tell people to look for a larger version of Mady with pigtails.
When we went with my parents, I took Sydney on the carousel for the first time. The kid was in love. Seriously. You know in movies where parents are shown dragging their kids away from things and the kids are holding on for dear life so they are completely horizontal? That was my trying to pry Sydney from the carousel. Complete and utter devastation. She honestly cried for 5 full minutes and yelled "Whee!" in a very sad voice the whole time we walked away. Then we bought her cotton candy and she forgave me. Here she is with Daddy when we went back.
Then I had to take her too. We had a couple of free carousel passes, and she loves it so much it was hard to resist taking her. Again, she was in heaven, and although she cried when we left, it wasn't quite as dramatic. Maybe she's realizing we keep coming back to it.

3 comments:

Heath and Jessica said...

Wow! I am the first! It is neat that Sydney is discovering new things all the time! Thanks for keeping us out of staters updated on your little family! Mady is getting so big! She is such a pretty baby Dev!

Shawn and Brittany said...

Yeah! We are headed to the zoo today... Right now I am pretty sure I do it for me thinking Carson will like it. He really likes the kids. Change of scenery anyways! If you ever want help call my sisters- or sanity or date or anything like that- they don't have jobs so they are pretty open!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

You are hilarious missy! Your kiddos get cuter every time I see them! Hope you are enjoying summer!