We had an exciting Sunday. So exciting that I'm just now posting about it... Tuesday night. My parents are in town and we thought we'd show them how exciting life in the big city is, so we had a tornado come to town. Ok, so we actually had nothing to do with it, but there really was one! We have church at 1pm and at about 2 pm (shortly before it was over), Aaron and I both found ourselves in the hall with crying babies while my parents were inside. Everyone was congregating by the doors and Aaron showed me something like this:
These two pictures were actually taken by our good friends (we don't regularly take our camera to church), but Aaron did get one on his phone. Aaron watched it touch down 3 times and I saw it happen twice. Needless to say, we missed the last few minutes of church because we were glued to the weather. Someone opened the doors and we realized the tornado sirens were blaring, but no one could hear them because the wind was so loud! Traffic stopped and everyone just stared. It was very impressive.
We drove home quickly hoping that Mady's room wasn't soaked from the rain (window open). It wasn't. But the power was out. Aaron got to open the garage door the old fashioned way. We stood in the garage and watched the hail storm end. Then Sydney and I put on our rain coats and ran outside in the rain. Look how happy she is. You wouldn't be able to say no to her either.P.S. I promise to post before another week and a half are up. I am getting behind again. And I have garage sale plunder. Can't wait for Friday!

7 comments:
Glad you guys are safe. My sister lives out there and called to report that they survived too. Wow, scary weather!
So, I'm kind-of in love with Syd's raincoat. Do you think it would fit? I mean, we could share...
How Crazy!
That is crazy weather you guys are having! I did't know you guys had tornado sirens there! Glad you are safe. Syd could be a storm chaser when she gets bigger. I can see it now.
I know tornados are bad and all, but I love crazy/dangerous weather - I miss it! What a rush - as long as all are safe and sound!
I just looked at this blog with Aaron. That is funny. He just taught me a secret swaddle technique. I'm loving it so far.
Cause all I hear is ZZZZZzzzz.
wow
Post a Comment