Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today

1.We recreated the screaming situation from yesterday in Target
2. I listened to Sydney say "No Way!" at least 64 times. That doesn't include the many times she just said "No!"
3. I changed 5 poopy diapers. Make that 6.
4. Sydney dumped a container of yogurt on her head. Lovely.5. I got so frustrated with the craziness that I ate chocolate covered pretzels and took my kids to Target - a clear sign I was not thinking clearly.
6. I ordered recycle bins
7. We ate fresh raspberries for breakfast
8. Mady screamed the whole time I made dinner - don't worry, our happy little head is back.
9. Sydney started her own movie
10. We were super duper happy when Daddy came home. Mady was so happy she did yoga. Now it's 10 pm and bedtime. Why is Mady so hyper?

4 comments:

Sarah Schwartz said...

I'm so sorry you are having these frustrating days, but know that your not alone. My week was about along those same lines. Being a mommy to 2 young girls (and I'm sure boys too, but I have no experience to speak from) can make you want to pull your hair out. Kylie has hit the crying/screaming stage. I don't remember Allie going through it, but I might have blocked it out. Sometimes I just want to sit on the floor, kick and scream 'no, no, no' with her. If you figure out any tricks, let me know and I'll do the same.

Vonda said...

My dear mom, Ruby told me (probable all of us daughters) to simply enjoy every minute of everyday with your babies. In my heart the day she told me way last week. Do lots of laughing. She couldn't have been any better of a momma. Anyway, we all grow soooooo fast...the memories will stay forever. Love ya!

Heath and Jessica said...

I did that pose Mady is doing when I was in yoga. It's a great pose. She should learn more to calm her down & make her go to sleep.
I handed out a great thought the other night at our mother/daughter enrichment by Elder Holland called "Because she is a Mother." I will send it to you. Great advise. It talks about this type of thing in your post.

Stafford said...

Do know that as they get bigger and more independent things ease up. It seems that the older they get the more 'auto pilot' things are --as uncle Nate would put it. That being said, Bailey just came up saying the following:
"Mom, Emma said that she would stop on my littlest pet shop world that I built and she would hide my animals ALL if I wouldn't give her Bridget (purple dragon fly figurine) ...and Kate tried to spank me. That's all. So what do I do?"