Sunday, June 28, 2009

So Much Summer Fun

We finally made it to the pool. Huzzah! Somehow with the tornados and rain and hail we've been inside a lot. Weird. Wednesday (June 24) was our first pool day of the season. Sydney had a fantastic time. Mady had no idea what was going on.
With her good buddy Eli whom she affectionately calls "Lie" or "Die." Both are said with love.
Just chillin'. I've found I'm much different with Mady than I was with Sydney. I wanted Sydney to do everything, even if she was too young for it, and I think it was for me as a mom. With Mady, I'm content to let her just sit and enjoy the warmth (she stayed in the shade). I didn't even put her swim suit on. She just dipped her toes in. This is big for me. Really.
Can't you see these two in about 15 years? Sharing makeup, jewelry, clothes, etc. Ok, at the rate Mady's growing they'll be sharing clothes in about 6 months.
It looks like she stopped for a snack here on her way to her toes. They look tasty in those shiny shoes.
Sydney's first dress up shoes. Proudly purchased by Nana at a garage sale we found. One pair of purple, one pair of pink. We figured Mady would need some in not too long as well. sigh Those shoes make me happy. And check out this outfit. She was going for the Bohemian look. It's one of my new faves.
While Aaron and my dad were white water rafting a few weeks ago (they came back happy, tired, and wanting more!) my mom and I noticed a beautiful Swallowtail butterly crawling on our grass, so we went to check it out. Both wings had clean, identical tears down the middle (not like they had been ripped, almost like it had been formed that way) so it was unable to fly. This gave Sydney a rare opportunity to get up close and personal with a "flies." She was thrilled. We were very gentle with it (Sydney didn't understand that grabbing it would hurt it, but we managed to keep her from maiming the poor thing any further). It climbed on our hands and Sydney's arms and legs. This made her giggle hysterically and wiggle until it fell on the grass again. Good thing it was only a few inches!
She tried her best to apply chapstick to the poor flutterby's head (who doesn't need chapstick?) until we rescued it and hauled it over to our neighbor's flowers. It went crazy and ate for a little while, then decided to crawl across the rocks between our yards for some crazy reason. Sadly enough, this was where I found it an hour later, minus 1 wing. Sydney is now OB-sessed with butterflies. Also butterfly kisses now make sense to her.
We are really enjoying the great weather and time outside. Despite the length of time between posts, we are also almost caught up with all of our pictures! huzzah! Ooh, go check out the new book I read over here -->. It was so good!

6 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

I have really cute nieces. They will have to meet their cousin soon. I think he and Mady are going to be big kids.
I love the butterfly pictures.

Nikki said...

Your kids are getting SO big! How do you like your Bumbo. I saw in your earlier post you got quite the deal on it! I am wondering if I should get one this time.

Heath and Jessica said...

Mom told me about the butterfly. THat is cool! Mady is getting bigger & bigger! Syd has her sense of dress up style just like her mother!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Dev you make me smile!

Ariana said...

It sounds like it's been a cold June everywhere! Your girls are so beautiful.

Rachel and Tyler said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun. we will be in colorado the 20-25 maybe we can bump into each other.