Just a quick story from today. First, my mom and dad left and the girls totally knew it. They were cranky and whiny most of the day since somehow I am unable to meet all of their demands as quickly as my mom, dad, and I put together were. Weird. Anyhow, I've been putting off my monster stock up trip to Walmart for 2 obvious reasons. Their pictures are posted over there --> if you want to see them. Anyway, I finally got up the gumption to do it today. We went, we shopped, no one got lost, we got almost everything we needed, and I used $25 worth of coupons. Success.
We got to the car and Mady stayed put while Sydney ran around in the mulch picking up sticks (always park on the end by the bushes to entertain your toddlers). I rearranged all of my groceries since the girl bagging them didn't know that if you buy 20 containers of yogurt they don't all have to go in separate bags, and toilet cleaner doesn't go in with the cheese. (Note: I was in a hurry and needed to throw the cold stuff in the fridge and leave.) I finally got everything in and slammed the trunk shut. I turned to grab my keys to stow my children in my car and got that awful sinking feeling. Yes. They were in the trunk along with all of my (now) perfectly bagged groceries.
Aaron was in a business meeting and a minimum of 30 min away even if he could leave right away. I ended up calling my neighbor, sending them to my house to get my spare house key (thank you tornado for blowing it out of it's hiding place so we could remember it was there!). Then he had to go into my bedroom and go through my stuff to find my spare car keys and bring them to me. Good thing Walmart is 5 minutes from my house. I got to sit in the parking lot with 2 increasingly cranky (and smelly) kids for awhile and be thankful I had my cell phone and my neighbor's number and that they were home. Thank you Caleb & Michelle. You saved us.
The funny thing? Not one person stopped to ask if everything was ok. Cause most moms I know enjoy hanging out in the Walmart parking lot around dinner time with small children. I know I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm impressed it sounds like that was your first time to do that. Not only have I locked the keys in before (on several occasions), but with a child (and ice cream) inside the car on a hot, summer day . . . genius I know. My new secret, On Star, just one phone call and they can unlock the doors instantly.:) The Godfrey's are the best!
Thank goodness for your friend who helped you. That is not good that no one stopped to ask how things were. Maybe you will have to start something like that & it will catch on.
oh, no!!! i hate that awful sinking feeling! good thing your neighbors are nice! and can i just say, yet again, that your kids are ridiculously good-looking! they're so adorable!!
You poor thing! I have done that myself on occasion. Thanks heavens for awesome neighbors!
Sounds like a lovely day! =) I actually had to re-read your post a couple times to make sure it was just your keys that got locked in your trunck and not the kids by mistake. Now that would have definately been a scary moment!
Post a Comment