Thursday, September 13, 2007

Where Do Babies Come From?

We've figured out the answer to this question: Arizona! Well, for us anyway! Our little Sydney was born on Sunday (September 9, 2007) at 12:45 AM after a pretty long labor (she was induced on Saturday morning). She weighed in at 8 lbs. 10 oz and was 20.5 inches long. She's a big healthy girl. :) We went to see her in the hospital and met her birthmom and her family. It was an amazing experience. Here is our first family picture. She's about 15 hours old at this point.

We got to bring her home from the hospital (to our hotel room) on Monday afternoon. She's beautiful and wonderful, even if she does have her days and nights completely turned around. Here are some pictures of her that we just couldn't resist sharing!

Need I say more?

Peace. Isn't she a groovy baby? ;)

Her first bow. Aren't we glad she loves this car seat?

I love her forehead wrinkles.
The closest we've come to a smile so far!

Who can resist those cheeks?

For anyone who didn't know this was coming - don't feel bad, we didn't tell hardly anyone. For those of you wondering, yes this is why we couldn't come to Haylee's wedding last week and yes she knew that when she set the date. :) Hope this clears up a few things (such as why I didn't blog for like an entire month - what am I supposed to talk about when all I was doing was getting her stuff ready?) Prepare for lots of posts now though because you'll get to see her nursery, the COMPLETED crib bedding (I know, it's hard to believe that I could actually finish all that in 3 1/2 years, but what can I say...) and more. Thanks everyone for your love and support and we hope to see you soon!

24 comments:

Abby said...

Dev & Aaron, I can't tell you how unbelievably excited I am for you. She's a doll. You guys deserve all the best and we love you!

Adrianne Miller said...

I could have the cutest niece of all time. Its very possible.

Sarah Schwartz said...

Gorgeous! I'm so excited for all the things to come. Being a parent is such awe inspiring experience. Yeah for you & Aaron.

The Dixon Family said...

Absolutely the most precious baby. She's stunning.

Karen said...

Cutest girl baby EVER!! (I got the boy baby covered) We're so happy for you guys!

Vonda Wilson said...

What a joy! This 1st time grandma can't wait to have girl talk wilth Sydney!

Stafford said...

My eyes teared up when I read your post, I am so excited for you to be parents! Sydney is one lucky girl!

Shawn and Brittany said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad that you finally posted pictures....I have only been dying to see them. I hope that we get to see you soon. Keep the pictures coming!

Heath and Jessica said...

YEAH!!!! I am so glad my niece is finally here & I get to see her!!! She is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to finally meet her!!! She definately is worth the wait!!!

Bethany said...

She really is beautiful. I think I may be allergic to your blog right now. My eyes keep doing the watery thing.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! She was worth the wait.. I'm so excited for you!! Love you guys. I can't wait to see my neice!! I love ya!! Give syd a kiss from her favorite aunt! (its ok that you missed the wedding of your baby sister for you baby... I love you guys!!!) You're finally parents!! wahoo!

The Walker's said...

Congratulations you guys! She's beautiful!
The Walker's from the Grandview Ward

Ellen Davenport said...

So so excited for you all! Love the name. How about Ellen as a middle name, huh, huh, nice ring right?

Katie said...

I love her!!! She is gorgeous and we are just so happy for you and aaron! Alright, road trip! Love you and congrats!!

Leah said...

We couldn't be happier for you guys! We are so glad that everything worked out! CONGRATS!

James said...

Hey Guys. I am so exicted you for you!! I realized yesterday on a hike that it is probably too cold to do any more mountains this summer but I am sure you won't mind that as you have more meaningful things to do now. Once again I can't tell you how happy I am for you, and she is adorable.

Unknown said...

Wow! Check out how many comments you got on this VERY special post! It just shows how many people love and support you guys. This is such an exciting time for you!! I'm sure the emotions of being a mother are indescribable. Your dream finally came true! And she is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to read more posts on how things are going...sleeping habits and ALL! Good luck!

Dransfield Diaries said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! We are so happy for you both and the start of your new family! You are right....Well worth the wait!!

Amy Bateman said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful baby! I have to admit that I've been following your blog some from Jessica's blog. It's always fun to see what people I knew growing up are doing.

Amy (Henry) Bateman

Allison said...

We can't be happier for your little family! Dev, I hope that you got the legal thing figured out. If not, I can ask around this agency. We say super cheap tickets to Denver, so maybe when you all get settled, we will try to come for a little weekend visit! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Devony & Aaron,
I am SOOO happy for you! What a tremendous blessing. She is just so beautiful. Congratulations! I hope to meet her soon!
Love, Kali Church

Shawn and Brittany said...

I am ready for more pictures? Anyone else?

The Coopers said...

Congrats! She has the cutest squishy cheeks :) She is beautiful!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Congratulations new mommy (and daddy, Aaron) Again, we are so happy for you guys. What a wonderful experience. Sydney is just beautiful and we can't wait to see more pictures of her. Isn't it awesome being a mother?!!!!