I think Sydney discovered on Tuesday that she can scream whether she is hungry or not. This led to her screaming for about an hour on Tuesday and on Wednesday as well. Then on Thursday she didn't sleep from 10 AM to about 8:30 or 9 PM other than 2 naps that were about 30 minutes long. This means she was up for about 10 hours. Guess how happy she was? Not very. She screamed a lot of that time and fussed most of the rest of it. I've decided to call these days "Bloody Murder" days since she screams bloody murder during most of them.
The one thing that has helped today is this very interesting item that our neighbors gave us. It's a recliner/rocker. We don't really use the rocker part yet, but you can use it as a recliner and it vibrates. Hooray for this thing since it is the only place I've been able to put her down that she doesn't scream. You can read about it here - I'd never seen one and was rather intrigued (http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=31327).

P.S. I am thinking now that Syd may have gas and a hurt tummy since she has screamed for so long. When not screaming she seemed pretty content earlier today, so I thought she was just tired, but I think it's a combination of a lot of things, not the least of which is the fact that she's been awake WAY longer than she's supposed to be. Let's hope a different formula and those gas drops will help.

9 comments:
You would scream too if your auntie lived far away. Sniff. :)
Poor niece. I hope she is feeling better.
Did you try running water or other soothing sounds? Might help. Gas is a good reason to cry your eyes out!
I think Ryan & Sarahi have one of these! I know Kayden loved it when he was littler! Hopefully Sydney will do better with the gas drops! I bet she can't wait for me to come!
That's rotten! It makes you feel so helpless.
TRY THE GAS DROPS!!! They work! Also, Maren had that exact chair. I have one similar, but it doesn't rock. They are great, too. A few times we had the baby sleep all night with the motor going. Batteries are a good trade-off for a good night's sleep for all. Good luck.
I am so sorry!! I know how it feels...hopeless! Let me just tell you...those gas drops can be good or bad...but for us they were WONDERFUL!! I think Livi lived off them for a while there! :) Anyway, good luck and let me know if you need anything.
Kayden had that same problem about the same age on Christmas eve, Christmas day. Have you tried the Enfamil Gentle ease formula? That is the only kind we have been able to use. Also the gas drops are a life saver!
agreed. agreed. Laura liked to be in the carseat on top of the washing machine. on of course. and just as a side note, remember that there is nothing wrong with leaving her in another room for a few minutes to regain your sanity... sometimes Mommy needs a time-out too!
love gas drops, love the chair (I have it), love everybody's ideas, but baby's just need to cry sometimes darnit, and sometimes nothing works. sorry for the bad report :-)
Post a Comment