Friday, September 21, 2007

New Discoveries

Here is a list of things I've recently learned:

1. Having a bottle fed baby is fantastic since Aaron can get up with her at night just like I can. :)
2. Cows have this incredible ability to turn green grass into white milk. In goes green, out comes white. Not sure how that happens. I do know that babies have a similar incredible ability to turn white liquid into green paste. Not sure how that works either, but the doctor seemed just as mystified by it as the rest of us, so I guess it's one of the mysteries of life that we can understand after we die.
3. The magnolia tree in my backyard had 2 blossoms on it before we left. They successfully bloomed, died, and disappeared before we got back. Drat.
4. I have not seen the beastie since we returned, although I have been in the garden. Maybe Syd scared him away. Hooray!
5. Enfamil formula cans explode when you open them in the middle of the night. Crap Crap Crap.
6. When returning formula to the store, to protect babies everywhere, stores cannot put the formula back on the shelves. Nor can they return it to the manufacturer. They must destroy it to keep babies safe.
7. Karen makes incredible Chicken Parmesan. Jordan is the queen of baked potatoes. I love you both.
8. It is a HUGE accomplishment to be showered before noon, particularly when Aaron is not home.
9. Girls have really high pitched voices around babies.
10. Formula poo smells so bad.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't amazing the random truths we learn real fast when a baby comes into our lives? So funny!

Stafford said...

you should write a book about funny stuff like that! really, you should

Jenene said...

OH, formula poo! ACK!!!
Totally remember that!

FYI, Carnation Good Start doesn't make such smelly poo.

The Dixon Family said...

WELCOME TO PARENTHOOD!

I'm so glad you guys are here!

Shawn and Brittany said...

Welcome to Mommyhood! You always make me laugh with your posts.

Sarah Schwartz said...

Now you are one of 'us'. The mommies that make small talk about poop ;) Sad ain't it. Amazing how somebody so small can change everything about us.

Southern Spud said...

IT'S SO TRUE!

ESP #8! Seth just doesn't understand!!! We finally--a year and a half after Hannah was born--made an agreement--actually, I finally demanded and Seth agreed--that I needed him to watch her in hte morning so that I can shower more than twice a week! Her nap times are MY nap times, so unless we want her screaming the whole time I'm showering, he gets her once he's dressed in the mornings!

Shawn and Brittany said...

More pictures please!