Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Know, I Know...

I stink at this. But my baby had a birthday, almost a week ago, and I'm determined to get caught up. Because she keeps doing funny things. So here we go. January in review...

On New Year's Day we went to the Museum of Nature & Science with our good friends Martin, Casey, & Kenzie. I love this picture of Syd & Aaron in the Expedition Health exhibit learning all sorts of cool stuff.
Kenzie & Sydney had a great time together riding Guanacos
Can't you see them being best friends forever? I can see the sleep overs now...
I decided to get out and go on a walk. I asked Sydney if she wanted to go to the park and she said no. I spent the next few minutes convincing her that she likes the park. After we discussed slides & swings she agreed to go give it a try.
We shopped lots of Target clearance (yay!). And we wore our new boots a lot. Aren't they just stinkin' cute?
On the 16th we went to a local candy shop that still makes all their candy by hand just like they did in 1930. Sydney's favorite part was the candy samples and the brochure rack like they have in hotels.Then over to the zoo. Take advantage of that decent weather when we can get it!
Next we built a fort. This is only blog worthy because it is the first fort my kids have cared about and played in. I'm pretty sure it was because I bribed them with popcorn.
A few days before Mady's birthday we went to the Children's Museum. Had to take advantage of her still being free! Sydney caught on to the role of a fireman real quick. While Mady and her friend just gabbed over some shopping. Ah, such fun.

5 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

You make me smile Dev!

GramyW said...

Sounds like a GREAT month! This gramy sure needs lots of hugs and kisses!

Leah said...

Happy bday Sydney! By the way, I just love Maddi's cute faces she makes in all the pics. So cute!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Darling!
And I got a good laugh out of seeing them riding Guanacos. Last week, I picked up some random books at the Library for me to read to Little Man, and one of them was about Guanacos. Guanacos? Where did those come from? Honestly, I have never heard of Guanacos until that day.
Maybe that's why kids keep getting smarter and smarter.....new animals keep getting invented!

Ariana said...

Such fun things to do. We still have so much snow that although I'm aching to go to the park, I'm not about to bundle them all up just for a few mintues worth of fun. It's too cold and they keep getting sick.