Saturday, January 09, 2010

Christmas 2009

Well, Christmas is over. My tree and all other holiday decorations are finally put back in the basement and my house looks, as Aaron noted today, "Bare." Which I think might be another word for clean that we are unaccustomed to using. Here's our farewell to 2009.
Sydney's first year leaving out treats for Santa. We had no cookies, but Sydney generously ate some of the treats before going to bed and included treats for the reindeer. She was very disturbed to discover that Santa had actually eaten "her" treats the next morning. Go figure, but I think it says on the plate that they are his.

Christmas morning. Oh the joys of the candy cane. Seriously, the kid had fruit snacks (from her stocking) for breakfast. But we had sticky buns, which aren't much better!

Mady with an awesome toy that makes all sorts of cool noises from Nana. Each girl opened 1-2 presents and then wanted to quit because they wanted to play with them. This is why we didn't go overboard this year.
This pretty much sums up our Christmas dress photo shoot. Seriously. These were taken Jan 4 because it was basically the first time Mady had been to church in forever because she has been sick. Despite my cajoling, they did not want their pictures taken. I have a great one of Mady in a headlock (courtesy of Sydney) on the floor crying. We love Christmas.
Hooray! A happy face! My mom got these great Christmas dresses for the girls and Aaron finally got a good picture of them. Happy day.
2009 was fun, now on to 2010!
Soon to come - this little girl is starting to walk!

2 comments:

The Grapers said...

I love your cute girls. Those dresses are darling!

Adrianne Miller said...

I love the dresses. Poor Mady. I hate baby sickness! They are too helpless!
I am sick again right now so we'll see if Jack can avoid it.
Thank you for posting!