Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Deep Thoughts and Dilemas

We're going to Target today to pick up some more chicken nuggets (among other things). This morning while Sydney devoured one for breakfast (it wasn't worth arguing about) I realized I have a big dilema though. We usually buy the dinosaur shaped ones, which Sydney really likes, but she doesn't eat the whole thing. She bites of the dino's head, arms, legs, and tail, and leaves the rest to be thrown away. EVERY time. So here's my dilema: Do I continue to let her waste half of her food simply because she prefers appendages? or do I buy the "nugget shaped" (what does that mean anyway? What shape is a nugget?) ones and make her eat the whole thing? The nuggets would severely limit my artistic abilities. What's a mom to do?
P.S. This is not Sydney's plate although it gives me great ideas!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Just make up a cool name for the regular nuggets. Don't ask me for suggestions - I hit a 0 on the creativity scale.

Allison said...

Your dino art is hysterical! You could always buy the normal nuggets and tell her they are Dino eggs and she has to eat all of them to see if she can get a real dinosaur on her plate the next meal! How is the potty training going?

adorable pearsons said...

Devony,
We did not move to Colorado. My parents have been serving a mission there the last couple of years- in Colorado Springs! So we went for a visit. However, we did move to Blackfoot, ID about a year ago...we move too much- it's hard to keep track of us.
As far as nuggets- I think it's hilarious she prefers the arms and legs, what a creative child. I say let her keep doing it for pure entertainment reasons :).
And potty training....maybe post pone it a little while so it won't be so hard. However, I must admit- our kids were really ready and a little older and I still hated it! But it only last one day and then they were trained- helelujah. You'll figure out what works for cute cute kids!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I have to admit the thought of what a nugget "should" look like made me think of an episode of "Dirty Jobs" and I may or may not of gagged a little.

I find that the "regular" shaped nuggets are like clouds on a summer day...they tend to make different shapes. I have eaten an elephant nugget before, yet it tasted like chicken! Who knew!

McKay Womack said...

Devony this is Erin! Your girls are si cute! Looks life is treating you well. Take Care!

Ellen Davenport said...

Hey Dev, we may be coming to live in Denver this summer! Stodd just got an internship job offer there for this summer. We're very excited. Anyway we should talk. I'd love to go to the zoo with you and you're girls!