Videos Now Included!
Wow! The last year has flown by! Already our little Mady cakes (who was never very little) is a 1 year old! On Tuesday we took her to the doctor. She weighed in at a very healthy 26 lbs and 33 inches. Wowee baby girl! We cheated (despite my being a serious stickler on this rule) and turned Mady's car seat around a week early. She giggled pretty much the whole car ride that day.
On Thursday when Aaron got home from work he had a surprise - my sister Jessica came to town to visit! I think this is the only picture we have to document her being here, but she came, we played, and Sydney has asked almost every day since where Auntie Jessa went! She got to come to book club with me which was so fun since Aaron even made sure she knew which book we were reading! Way to go babe! Thanks to both of you for the great surprise!
There are 3 little girls out here that were all born within days of each other. We all got together to have a fun little party for the girls. We lined them up and gave them each a little cake and a party hat. Brooklyn and Brynne both hated their hats and cried. They weren't super excited about their cakes either. Mady wasn't thrilled about the hat but she tolerated it. She wasn't interested in the cake at all, until I finally shoved some in her mouth and got her to taste it. Then she went hog wild!
Everyone had a blast watching Mady go to town on that cake. We had stripped her down, so we just let her go at it. Then Paul & Janell were kind enough to let her bathe in their sink so she could be all squeaky clean for bed that night!
The next night (on Mady's actual birthday), we gave her her presents. She struggled opening them but had fun playing with them all! She especially loves that dolly and yells Bah-bee! a lot. It's hysterical.
Brilliant Auntie Jessica even thought to include Sydney in the presents and brought her an adorable little bag with a baby penguin in it. When Sydney opened it she exclaimed, "My handbag!" Thank you granny from Madagascar 2!
Also on her birthday Mady finally let us record some big stuff - she's walking now! She's actually walking a lot and being oh so big! I now have 2 toddlers!
The next night (on Mady's actual birthday), we gave her her presents. She struggled opening them but had fun playing with them all! She especially loves that dolly and yells Bah-bee! a lot. It's hysterical.
She's walking much better now, although she still has the Frankenstein stance (which I adore). She's walking more than she's crawling now, so I guess she's all grown up! sniff sniff

7 comments:
It's taking me forever to get H's b-day vids up too! Either I forget NOT to put a space in the vid's name when trying to upload it, or it's JUST over 100MB, or I do actually do it right and forget to get the next one loading once the first has spent its mandatory 2 hours and 37 minutes uploading. . . .
Oh, well. At least we CAN post vids up here for fam/friends who aren't blessed enough to live closeby, right?
Anyway, good luck getting your vids up. I got one yesterday and one today. Perhaps I'll get the next two by Monday? ;P
She is such a big girl. I can not believe how fast this year has gone by. We can't wait to see you guys in June. Hopefully Jack will be walking by then too.
I cannot believe how big she is!!! You and Aaron make one tall kiddo! She is simply cute as can be....I bet it is hard to see your baby growing so fast and acting just like her big sister! What a fun surprise to have Jessica come out to visit!
Oh Dev she is adorable!!! Happy Birthday cutie pie!
I was just browsing you blog when I saw your apron you were wearing in the Thanksgiving post. ADMIRATION! Where did you get it? Is it homemade? I am in the market for a new apron--details please!
Love the pics and vids. Cute girls.
Few Q's for you:
1) are you on facebook?
2) can we add a search box to the book club blog? Maren and I are both getting into a book fest and I just scrolled through every post looking for a book I 'thought' was posted.
THANKS!
Thanks for the search box on the Book Blog, but I can't get it to work. Am I incompetent or is there an option we can change?
Post a Comment