We got a new fancy dancy camera last weekend. Boy am I excited. We're finally going to be able to take some better (faster) pictures. Also, I dropped our camera about a month ago and to get it to work now you have to hold the batteries in while you are taking a picture. Not cool. 
While you're waiting in breathless anticipation for my new pictures, I thought I'd share some of the brilliant advice listed in the manual of said new camera. These were reason enough to read it!

While you're waiting in breathless anticipation for my new pictures, I thought I'd share some of the brilliant advice listed in the manual of said new camera. These were reason enough to read it!
- Caution: Do not aim the camera at bright light sources such as the sun. Doing so may cause malfunctions or damage the image sensor. um, and your eyes.
- Do not sit in a chair with the camera in your pocket (Aaron would like it noted that it says nothing about riding a train with it in your pocket, but it's not exactly a paper thin camera, so this still seems uncomfortable.)
- Do not trigger the flash in close proximity to human eyes. It could damage eyesight. Keep 39 inches away from infants.
- When using the flash, do not cover with fingers or clothing. This could result in burns. Apparently my flash is actually a laser
- Putting the [6 inch long] strap around a child's neck could result in asphyxiation. Gosh, ya think?
- Stop operatin camera immediately if it emits smoke or a strange smell.
- Do not use solvents such as alcohol, benzine, or thinner to clean camera.
- Do not place the batteries in a direct flame
- Do not play the CD-Rom in a CD music player. It is possible to suffer hearing loss from listening with headphones to the loud sounds of a CD-Rom played on a music CD player.
I love our sue-happy culture. Can't blame Canon for not covering their bases!

3 comments:
the totally awesome thing about all the "don't do this" notes is that you know that someone had to have done them all at some point, otherwise Canon wouldn't have address it! HA!
Looks like a great choice :)
Wow. That is hysterical. When we bought our Cannon Digital SLR I never took the time to read the manual....maybe I should go back just for laughs!
Post a Comment