Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I almost had a heart attack...

Warning: gross story ahead.
Sydney is a mouth girl. As in, she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. Seriously. Thank heavens, she never tries to swallow things, but it still bugs us. She's over 2, this should stop now, right? Well, today we were driving to visit a friend and Sydney had one of those metal buttons that have slogans printed on them that you can pin on yourself. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Anyway, she had a small one of those, but I had removed the pin so that wouldn't stab herself or her sister. On our drive, she apparently put the button (minus the pin) in her mouth and it went back too far and got stuck. I heard her start choking and when I looked back, she was throwing up. I pulled the car over really fast and ran around to help her. As I swiped out her mouth a couple times, she continued to vomit on me, but we got it out. It got immediately thrown away. It was so scary, and so gross.
We immediately turned around to get her a new shirt and coat (Thank heavens we have 2 for her, which I previously thought was a waste of closet space). I got the car seat cleaned up (very little got on it) and we got to finish our day, after I washed my hands.
I'm obviously not happy this happened, my only hope is that it will scare her from putting things in her mouth again. Because in her own words, "I spewed, I coke." You sure did kid.

3 comments:

Heath and Jessica said...

If you see her putting things in her mouth again, you will have to bring it up so she remembers. Maybe that will help her not put stuff in her mouth any more! Glad things are okay. Silly Syd!

Allison said...

Yikes! I know that feeling of terrified panic. Hopefully she will remember that for a while!

Leah said...

That would have given me a heart attack too! Glad she's fine. Syd deninately likes to put things in her mouth. Within that short time of running into you at the zoo I'm not sure how many times she put the carousel coin in her mouth! =) Silly little girl.