Friday, November 27, 2009

Thaksgiving

Remember on The Office when Jim and Pam got married and Pam kept taking mental pictures? I do that, but with blogging moments. I blog in my head. And they are so darn funny. And then I look at my blog so I can read all your comments. But I'm so disappointed, because you haven't written any. Because all those funny posts I wrote never actually got written. drat. Now they're gone. Starting over. So here was our Thanksgiving. On Monday for Family Home Evening, we talked about being Thankful. And made hand turkeys. And Sydney got to use scissors for the first time ever. Oh, happy day for her. Yikes for me.
See how thankful we are? Even Mady's up there.
The night before Thanksgiving I made Cranberry Cheesecake and let Sydney lick the spatula. Because she is an awesome sister she went to share with Mady. Too bad Mady didn't really open her mouth, so she just got cream cheese goo all over her face. She was less than thankful for that.
On Thanksgiving Sydney and I made rolls. I can't get enough of her in the leopard apron. It's my favorite right now.
She got her own little bowl of dough and her own pan. Dang she was proud. They were tasty too. Baby rolls. I think she ate 4 for dinner. Smothered in homemade jam of course.
Our great friends the Bergesons came over and Max and Mady chilled together while Sydney and Eli played with the baby dolls.At pie time Sydney got to experience Redi Whip for the first time. Oh yeah, she's a fan.
It also reminded me how quickly time has gone. Last year we had a 14 month old baby that couldn't walk. This year we have a 10 month old baby that can't walk. And a Toddler. What? How is Mady that old? How has Sydney been walking for less than a year? Ahh! I feel more behind now. Please excuse me while I go polish off Karen's flippin' amazing homemade key lime pie. Oh yum.

4 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

Hooray, you blogged. Happy Thanksgiving! Sydney's hair looks like it's getting longer.

Allison said...

And then you actually posted your mental picture....and then I stopped by to comment...giving you a moment of pure excitement because I care about the crazy and funny things your family gets to do! (LOVED the Jim and Pam reference btw!) Mady is SO tall. Yikes!!! I can't wait to see her walking and giving Sydney a fight about moments like the cheesecake incident!

Karen said...

Ha ha! Sydney's mouth full of whipped cream was the best ever. Love that little munchkin. Thanks so much for letting us crash your Thanksgiving. It's nice to have some family away from home...that you're not actually related to.

Cara said...

i always think you're funny! and i'm with you...how in the world do you have two kids who are so old???