Monday, December 14, 2009

Sniffers

My daughter has a ridiculously good sense of smell.
I was secretly munching on a few M&Ms the other night when she came running over and said,"Mommy, ope you mouf." After quickly swallowing my secret treat, I complied. She visually inspected, then decided to use a more reliable method. She leaned in and took a whiff of my breath. Intrigued by this new behavior, I asked her what she smelled. "Chocolate!" she replied. I obviously had to share. A few days later we repeated this process as she correctly guessed that I had been sneaking licorice. Apparently, the nose knows all.

This weekend I discovered where she had gotten such a charming trait. We finally got our new bedroom set all delivered and in correctly. (Yay!) While rocking Mady in the room, Aaron came in and informed me I was going to kill our youngest by exposing her to the massive amounts of fumes coming off our new furniture. My reply? "I can't smell anything."
It's all explained. Sydney and Aaron both have overactive sniffers.
Here's the offensive furniture:

7 comments:

Allison said...

Ooh Pretty!! I had to laugh since my explanation for hypersensitive smells is always pregnancy, but in the case of Syd and Aaron, I highly doubt that is the reason!! ;)

Kiffon said...

That's beautiful! Love it! Sydney sounds like Colson. At least when it comes to food. We can never sneak any food by him.

Kiery said...

Wow! That's gorgeous furniture! Awesome! Weird that they both have such sensitive noses! Garth definitely doesn't have that! ;)

Adrianne Miller said...

I love your new furniture.

Heath and Jessica said...

Pretty furniture! I love it! You seriously need some pics hanging on your walls! Sydney is definately Aaron's daughter. Too funny! Tell her Auntie Keska says hi! (& uncle Heaf too!)

KWit said...

Hay what can you say... Some must suffer for beauty! Just be happy it isn't you this time!! hehe Beautiful set!

Haylee Mecham said...

I love the new bedroon set!!! Yay!