Sunday, May 11, 2008

My First Mother's Day

It's 5 AM. Why am I blogging? I woke up about 20 minutes ago and went in to check on Sydney. She was really restless and woke up, so I decided to re-swaddle her so she would sleep better. Sydney still wears size 2 diapers and is just getting ready to move up to size 3, so we put her in size 3 at night to avoid accidents. Well, this child just peed through her size 3 diaper, through her onesie, through her pjs, and into her blanket. The diaper pad was downstairs and I didn't want to go fetch it, so I stripped her down in her crib, changed her diaper, and proceeded to rinse out all her clothes and linens that she got wet. I'm hoping she'll go back to sleep after that still. It was too ironic not to post. Happy Mother's Day to me.

5 comments:

Kiery said...

Oh Devony, you're so funny. Happy Mother's Day ;)

Adrianne Miller said...

Hooray for your first Mother's Day!

Shawn and Brittany said...

Happy Mom's day! Just think of it as she wanted to spend time with you ;) Um, on diapers- how many should I buy of each size?

Haylee Mecham said...

Just think.. I will be doing the exact same thing next mothers day with a kid just as old.... look what I have to look forward to!! Happy late Mother's Day anyway

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh the night-time pee thru! It's an old trick kids do to keep parents on their toes! I sometimes wonder if they plan it just right and laugh quietly to themselves as you clean them up...