Sorry for the hiatus on the visitor posts. Here is some more of what we did with Haylee, JC, and Kaitlyn. On Wednesday we trekked down to Colorado Springs to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. I had never been before but had heard amazing things about their giraffes, so I was excited. FYI, if you go, print out this coupon to make it a little cheaper. Anyway, we went and the giraffes were right at the front of the zoo - first animals you see. There were tons of them and there were about 5 babies. You could buy 3 big giraffe crackers for $1 and feed the giraffes, which we did and really enjoyed.
At one point I turned away for a second and broke a piece off my cracker to give to the giraffes. I was also holding it away from Sydney so that she wouldn't grab it, but when I turned back (seriously it was about 1.2 seconds) Sydney had her hand out and the giraffe was licking it! I'm such a good mom.
Here is Haylee feeding one of the babies.
Here are Haylee, JC, and Kaitlyn watching the meerkats (look at the funny one sitting on his bum!)
Me feeding a bird about 5 seconds before another one pooped on my arm. For any of you not in my family, this happens to me frequently. When we were walking around the mall in DC a pigeon pooped on my head. When we went to the botanical gardens in DC, a pigeon pooped on my leg. When we just went to the zoo, a non-pigeon pooped on my arm. Needless to say, Haylee was cracking up.
A really beautiful toucan we saw

Sydney got all tuckered out looking at the animals.
The monkeys that put on a show for us (click on this pic to make it big - the monkey on the left has a little 1 month old baby on her).
Sydney with the gorillas. The baby on the left has a really interesting story. He was abandoned by his mom and raised by keepers the same way a gorilla would have raised him. Read the story here.
In the end, we had a good time at the zoo and saw some fun animals. I was frustrated with the overall layout of the zoo (talk about confusing to find your way through), and it was annoying that they were doing so much construction and that not all of the animals were in their enclosures, but other than that, we really enjoyed our time with Haylee and her crew. We're so glad you guys came!

8 comments:
I can't wait for our next visit when we go to the Zoo and Aquarium!
It was the worst zoo layout i have ever seen! But it was fun. Kaitlyn loved it and yes... I am still laughing about you always getting pooped on by birds... maybe you just aren't their friends... who knows. I think it's funny though! but I don't think they like me either since I got divebombed.... i guess he was all out of other amo.. lots of fun. The giraffes were the best part. and the monkeys...
Dev, it wouldn't be a trip to the zoo or something (with family especially) without you getting pooped on! How fun! The Boise Zoo is getting giraffes soon!
Please keep Syd's cheeks always this chubby....
How funny! We went to the zoo last week too....though it was in Phoenix!
Okay I have to go to this Zoo. I love giraffes.
Dev...email me.
I can't get anything to "send" to you.
I love that zoo! Although it is a little confusing and there are so many hills to push a stoller up. It's worth it just to see all the giraffes.
Post a Comment