Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Perfect Summer Day

We had such a perfect day today, I just have to quickly post about it. First, we had an awesome weekend - Aaron took me garage sale-ing (my idea). Hooray! We got a tricycle for Sydney, a booster seat for Mady, 2 sets of Mega blocks, 2 little toy trucks, and a dinosaur bowling set for $11.50. Yay!
Today we made it out the door by noon. Sydney has been sleeping in (bless her!), although Mady continues to wake up the roosters between 5:30 and 6:30 AM each day. But bless her too please. We made a couple of quick stops and then went to Target. We hit the jackpot and brought all this home:

It includes: 10 rolls of Bounty and Viva paper towels, 4 Dove deodorants, 2 each of Dove lotions, body washes, soaps, poufs, and body sprays, travel sunscreen, Glade flameless candle refills, Herbal Essences hair gel, 2 Schick razors, 2 Caress soaps, 4 Caress body washes, 3 packages Pop Rocks, 13 boxes of Puffs Kleenex, and 3 bottles of Arm & Hammer laundry detergent. Incredibly enough, I got all of this for under $15! (not including tax - the sign is wrong). I had tons of coupons and it was sooo exciting. I had a blast.
Next we went to Burger King. A few weeks ago I tried this for the first time. Lugged both girls and all our crap into the restaurant, changed bums in the restroom while Sydney screamed because she wanted a hamburger (possibly her favorite food ever), waited in line while she screamed and the woman who gave us our food looked like she was sad when I told her it was for here, not to go. Sydney dropped her burger immediately on the floor, etc. You get the picture, it wasn't pretty. This time, I learned my lesson. We changed bums at Target, went through the drive-through, and sat in the parking lot on a grassy spot where Sydney was blocked in on 3 sides effectively so she couldn't run away or get run over. It was beautiful, we had yummy food, happy kids, and only 1 stop left before we went home. It was a perfect picnic. Here's Sydney with her own water cup. She backwashes.

After dinner (both girls crashed in the car and transferred to the house for naps until Aaron got home), Aaron & Sydney mowed the lawn and I weeded while Mady took another nap. What do you think? Yes, that's a broom she has. Helpful, I know.

What do you think? Would you hire this kid to mow your driveway? (She's not so effective on grass yet). She charges 50 cents or a hamburger.

All in all, we got a bunch done, let Sydney have a bubble bath, and try some Pop Rocks. This video isn't overly exciting, but I thought it was cute. Mostly I loved when she would start bobbing her head a little like she was trying to jam to the music, then realizing the music was inside her mouth. I think it was sort of trippy for her, but she's a fan!

Oh we're so happy to have summer back! Yay for $3 picnics and all the other joys summer brings!

7 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

Pop rocks!! That is too funny! Also, what was the crazy noise at the first of the video? Or do I want to know?

Heath and Jessica said...

I would hire Syd to mow my sidewalk. We have a few weeds on there too. I would give her a hamburger. I love the pop rocks video!

Kiffon said...

You've been busy! I need to be better with my bargain shopping again. When are you going to hit the garage sales again? I want to come! Sydney is so stinkin' cute! Preston also discovered Pop Rocks recently and has since fallen head over heels for them.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Wow sista...you DID hit the jackpot! I love a good deal! I LOVE poprocks! It's fun to give kids them for the first time! Awesome you have video of it! Syd looks so cute!

rick and cheryl said...

What a great day! I seriously need to go garage sale-ing. I haven't done it in years-I know, sad. We'll have to hang out sometime & do it.

Haylee Mecham said...

The video of the pop rocks is hilarious! And good job on getting all that for so so so cheap.. I'm jealous.. And I need our sidewalk mowed... I would also give her a hamburger.. yum. Oh and she has the cutest stinkin pigtails!

Rebecca E. said...

Hey Devony, I just had a couple quick questions for ya. Where in colorado do you live and what does Aaron do for work? You see, we've been considering a move out that way, but I just wanted to get your thoughts on the area and employment. Any info you have would be fantastic! Thanks, Rebecca

rebeccaemro@hotmail.com
P.S. I love the pop rocks video, too cute!