Friday, May 01, 2009

Mess Maker

Aaron got home from a business trip tonight (good thing too or my neighbor might have inherited a couple of children for a short time). Both of my girls are good, but the do have a tendency to gang up on me when Aaron is gone and they were terrible sleepers! Seriously, 8 hours of sleep over 3 days doesn't cut it. We're so so so glad to have Daddy back. Here are some highlights lately:
While playing at a friend's house, the kiddos all played in some gravel. Everyone else was digging and playing and staying fairly clean. Sydney sat in a large puddle and proceeded to shovel gravel in her mouth and try to drink from the puddle. Rock on. (don't worry, she spit them all out). I stripped her down and let her play.
I went to Qdoba (yum!) and grabbed lunch. Sydney stole it when I left the table.
Little girl+ ginormous burrito= pure bliss
She threw a fit when I asked her to give it back
For some reason, she was thrilled to sit all squished up in her doll box.
Remember how this doll stroller is for dolls? And how it was mine as a kid! That would make it about 20 years old, so we're having to be much more careful and keep her out of it since I would hate for her to break it now!
Just before Aaron left we got his suitcase and Sydney had so much fun playing with it. As you can tell, she thinks squealing/screaming is fun and is uber good at it.
We haven't taken a lot of Mady videos, but I finally got her to smile and giggle while the camera was in sight today. Wait for it, it's about 2/3 through the video, but it's worth it. I'm biased. I like this squishy little kid. How is she 3.5 months old?
Mady continues to be my cuddle bug. We fell asleep on the couch together today (remember the lack of sleep?). I love sleeping with babies. So snuggly. Then sweet Sydney came and woke me up to inform me that the garbage truck was at our house. Thanks babe. Love you. :)

5 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Are you kidding me with all this cuteness?! The videos were both adorable! You will be grounded if you don't call me next time Aaron is gone...I can come help ya know! Stubborn Devony! I still have your pan, so if you want me to bring it by and you accidently "fall asleep" I would totally play with the kids! Got it? I have 5 kids missy - I know what your feeling. Having no sleep stinks!

Heath and Jessica said...

Syd is quite the character isn't she! She definately loves her food! Take your friend up on her offer to watch the kiddos! You sounded so tired yesterday! I wished I was closer! Madelyn's smile is so cute! She is starting to interact more & more!

Kiffon said...

Talk about two adorable girls! I can't believe Mady is already 3.5 months old! Love the sweet smiles. Hopefully you can get some better rest now that Aaron is home.

Katie said...

What adorable girls you have!! I love the video of Mady smiling and giggling..TOO CUTE!

Rachel said...

So cute. It *almost* makes me want another one.