Here's the rundown. Friday March 20 we loaded the girls up and headed us to the airport. I had borrowed this amazingly cool contraption from a friend of mine that completely saved our lives. Basically it attaches to any convertible car seat and gives it wheels. No lugging car seats or strollers. You can find them here. On Thursday I had put Sydney in it to test it and she loved it! She refused to get out - definitely a good sign!
Saturday my mom watched the girls while we went to the temple for the sealing. It was beautiful and wonderful to see so many people! We had a giant family get together afterward and it was insane! There are tons of little kids, all ages 7 and under, so it was a bit of a madhouse, but very fun.
Sunday was the blessing and it was beautiful. Aaron did a wonderful job and Mady looked beautiful thanks to my mom who sewed her gorgeous dress and my sister who made her adorable headband - thanks again! My sisters and sister-in-law came to my rescue since my camera didn't make it out of it's bag until 2 days before we came home! My mom also put together a great luncheon after church, which was great. Lots of family, friends, and great food.
The rest of the week we hung out with our remaining family members and even squoze (is that a word?) in a date night while we had grandparents to babysit. We bought mountains of diapers (such good times), stayed up incredibly late, played with our old toys we grew up with, and I don't think I ever had more than 1 child to watch at a time - it was weird. Nice, but weird! We got lots of fun toys and cute clothes from the aunts & grandmas. Since we have most of the girl grandchildren (and the only grandchildren on Aaron's side for a few more weeks) they get a tad spoiled. We like it. Thanks for everything - and yes, Kiery, even the heathen socks!
Saturday morning Aaron's parents got up at the crack of dawn to take us back to the airport to catch our 6:40 AM flight (the price of getting cheap tickets on Priceline). Both girls did awesome until we landed 20 minutes early. Then the Jetway was frozen to the runway or something and they couldn't get it to the plane. Both girls decided it was the perfect place to launch a screaming assault. Such fun times! Then we got back to our house and realized we had turned the furnace off (it was nice when we left but snowed a bunch while we were gone). Our house was a chilly 42 degrees, so we all stayed bundled up for a few hours while the temperature climbed to a more hospitable number. All in all, a great trip with tons of fun memories and 2 very tired parents! Thanks again to everyone for coming and for your hospitality while we were there! We loved seeing you and you are all welcome to come visit us anytime!




11 comments:
it looks like you had so much fun! and all i can say is that your two babies are beautiful! i wish we could have seen you while you were here! loves!
So neat! I'm so grateful for eternal families! and you have a beautiful one!
We had a fun time seeing you again! It was fun to meet Mady & see Sydney again. I feel special to have received one of her rarely given kisses! (I kind of bribed it out of her, but I still got one!)
I love the pic of Mady's shoes. The girl cloths are the saddest part about having a boy. I don't get to buy any!!
I miss my nieces all ready!
Congratulations to everyone. It sounds like it was an eventful couple of days!
What special moments! I wish we could have been there! And Mady's dress is gorgeous, now I know where you get your amazing talents from. =)
Okay, so I know that Sidney isn't HUGE, but she looks so big to me and then I realized it only when she's next to Mady that she looks so big.=) You've got a beautiful family Devony.
Just have to say your girls are beautiful!
What a fun time you had! I am so glad you have had a blast and had some memorable experiences! The girls looked adorable!
Mady is getting so big already! It is amazing how fast babies grow. I remember my kids first flight. We had three kids moving from ID to GA. We left at 9 am and arrived at 1 am the next day. I was pregnant with #4 but didn't know it yet and made it until the very last second of the last flight and threw up all over the place. And hauling around three carseats and suitcases for all of us was real fun and Celest insisted on pulling her own suitcase even though she was just starting to walk. It took forever but everyone sure got a kick out of her.
Your girls are darling! I love the pic of Sydney holding Madi in their precious blessing dresses. We need to come over and see you guys sometime! Seriously!
Very cute kids.
Post a Comment