Remember how I practically haven't posted since we came back from Idaho? And we have tons of pics from then to now. Awesome. Here's a catch up post to start off with. Sydney is all sorts of a big girl. I think she's learned 3 new words in the past 2 days and can understand almost everything we tell her. She has also christened Mady "Mlner." This is most accurately pronounced with the tongue coming out of the mouth on the "ml" sound. Nice. I think she's figured out she's not going away though and likes "Mlner" for the most part.
How much do you love you?
Mady went in for her 2 month check-up when she was 9 1/2 weeks old. She weighed 14 lbs 15 oz and was 25 .5 inches long. Sydney also had her 18 monthe apt at the same time. She weighed 28 lbs and was 32 inches (I think). Sydney was in the 80th percentile (except for that big ol' noggin - still up at 95th) and Mady was, um, above the top line. You know how they chart your kids growth and show you the curve and where they are? She was above that. Our doctor's words, "You have big kids!" Yup, we do. And for the most part, happy ones too.
A week ago we got to listen to General Conference. We enjoyed it all, particularly the sessions (2) where Sydney was asleep or watching Winnie-the-Pooh with no sound while we listened to conference. Genius. Here she and daddy are snuggling during a session.
Mady has become (for the most part) a pretty happy baby. She will almost always smile for her daddy and has even giggled a few times for him.

She's also starting to discover the world a bit and will bat at toys and reach out to touch the sides of her little play gym at times.

Sydney is discovering her independence more and more each day and wants to do things like a big girl, including climbing stairs, etc. She's discovered all sorts of new things to love at the park lately. She now loves the slide and the stairs going up to it.

In slightly more exciting news, remember this post? (click on it). Monday I had a deja vu when my sewing needle snapped while I was sewing and a needle shard flew up and hit me in the EYE! I got it right out, but honestly, who else do these things happen to? I'm seriously considering Aaron's advice of wearing steel toed (sp?) boots and safety goggles from now on when I sew. It's dangerous you know.
She's also starting to discover the world a bit and will bat at toys and reach out to touch the sides of her little play gym at times.
Sydney is discovering her independence more and more each day and wants to do things like a big girl, including climbing stairs, etc. She's discovered all sorts of new things to love at the park lately. She now loves the slide and the stairs going up to it.
In slightly more exciting news, remember this post? (click on it). Monday I had a deja vu when my sewing needle snapped while I was sewing and a needle shard flew up and hit me in the EYE! I got it right out, but honestly, who else do these things happen to? I'm seriously considering Aaron's advice of wearing steel toed (sp?) boots and safety goggles from now on when I sew. It's dangerous you know.




9 comments:
Geez, you and sewing are not very good friends! So is your eye okay?
Mady is getting so big and Syd is as crazy as ever. Sorry they wouldn't hold still for your photo shoot.
Today I go in to get checked to see if I've made any progress. If the answer is a no, I think I'm going to have a freak out. Stay tuned.
I love all the pictures! I think it's great that you do photo shoots, I tried that once with Olivia.. maybe we'll try again :)
I think it's funny about your sewing incident, so what have you been sewing these days? Hope all is well, good to see your update!
Please, please, please wear safety toe'd shoes and goggles to church on Sunday. I'll totally give you ten bucks...
First off..adorable pictures! Your kiddos are SO cute!
Second, I 2nd (or 3rd) you wearing safety goggles AND BOOTS!! Sewing is a dangerous thing...remember our sewing days? Ahh, fun times!
You and sewing have the craziest love hate relationship I've ever seen! And I know you can get safety goggle for $2 at walmart. I likeds your photo shoot. wow. I love your girls... I might try to sneak away for a couple days and come see if you if we can't come as a family. I miss you guys. If I come out we will have to do a photo shoot of Ike and the girls... then you won't have to do it by yourself! and maybe we will get better results. and I would love going to the childrens museum (sp?) and want to go shopping again at the outlets and southlands.. which they are building a similar thing to southlands in IF. At snake river landing.. YAY maybe more cool stores will come here!! Love you guys!
You will have to e-mail some of your photo shoot pics to us! I would love them! I agree about wearing steel toed shoes & goggles! Next church sewing activity should be fun!
Your photos are still adorable.
oh my gosh, the same thing happened to my sister when she was sewing! she totall caught a piece of the needle in her eye! glad you're okay!
Um, maybe you should take the hint and get rid of your sewing machine. . . .
;)
You have the most darling little girls! I love seeing their cute picts & vids! Good work, D! I took H's 18-mo. photo shoot outside, just letting her run around with me chasing after her. I'm amazed we turned out with anything half decent--not to mention actually good!
Post a Comment