Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Zoo Day

I know I totally promised to post these pictures ages ago, but here they finally are! Two weeks ago we enjoyed some fantastic weather and I convinced myself to be brave and take my two munchkins to the Zoo. We love our zoo pass and try to use it regularly. We missed going in February, but still, we're doing pretty good. I think we've been about 10 times since we got the pass last June, so it has definitely been worth it! I called my friend Casey and got her and little Kenzie (just a few months older than Sydney) to join us. We always have fun with them and Kenzie's got some mad vocab skills, so maybe hanging out with her will inspire Sydney to try a few new words too! Here are the big girls with their drinks and snacks watching the hyenas scarf down a wildebeest leg. On second though, it may have been a cow. Haven't seen many wildebeests around here lately.
As always, the favorite attraction for both girls I think was the geese. Why are they so fascinating? This goose was particularly bold and walked right up to Kenzie and stole the vanilla wafer out of her hang. Kenzie was not sure what to think.
Sydney just waved to them and said hi. She didn't have any food at the time and when I did give her something to toss to them, she ate it. Note to self, never give her pet food.
Here we are checking out the monkeys. Sydney was was too distracted to pose for a picture, but here's proof that we were all there together.
Here are our little monkeys in the monkey house. Sydney is usually the follower but she was on one that day and was a crazy little maniac. She ran around, pounded her little fists on the doors (no animal windows though), etc. Kenzie was a good friend and followed her lead. Sorry Casey!
Here we are on the hippo statue in the middle of the Zoo. I have no idea what Sydney has in her mouth. Don't ask me why I dressed us all in jeans. We were totally sweating.
Mady completely unsure about the whole affair.
Sydney during lunch - she played right next to our bench the whole time. I was so proud of her for staying close I didn't even care too much that she was playing in the dirt and had gotten FILTHY. She wore white, I bleached the shirt, and I managed to stop her from eating any poop, chewed gum, or discarded teddy grahams, so I counted it a success.
Mady spent most of her time in the front carrier asleep. Good thing since I was trying to keep an eye on Sydney!
Proof of the gorgeous weather. We were in heaven.

It's really nice again here this week so maybe we'll get out and about! I'm all about these mild winters.

3 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

I can't wait until I have a zoo pass! Maybe you will live here by then. Oh, that would be fun.
Well, I promise I will call you back today. My phone is even charging right now. After I wake up from my nap I'm about to take, you will hear from me! (Awh, pregnancy...)

Heath and Jessica said...

How fun! It has been kind of nice here, but not that nice. I love the zoo!

The Coopers said...

We had a great time too! We are going to get a zoo pass. With a mom that talks as much as I do, it was bound to wear off on Kenz, haha. We would love to go to the zoo anytime that you want to go. You are totally Supermom for taking two little kiddos to the zoo. :)