One of my favorite memories/stories of me as a kid was from when I was about 4 or 5 years old. My mom was working in the garden and I came to her informing her that I was STARVING to death (I think I was really convinced that I was). She told me she would be in soon to make dinner, and despite my protestations, sent me back to the house.
I then proceeded to forage for food (since I was actually going to die any minute). I remember going for a hot dog, but it was a new sealed package and I wasn't allowed to use sharp knives, so I had to skip that. I went for some cheese, but again, no sharp knives were allowed. I tried cutting off a slice of cheese with a butter knife, but it didn't work (shocker). In desperation I decided to use the one thing that would work and was also not banned - my teeth. When my mom came in from the house she found teeny teeth marks all over the edges and corners of the large brick of cheese in the fridge. Good thing I was such an obedient child and didn't cut my fingers off.
Back to me all grown up, today Sydney was sitting on the counter while I got lunch ready and when I turned around, this is what I saw.
Whose kid is she anyway!?!

5 comments:
I'm glad you didn't die of hunger. It's been known to almost kill me a time or two! Syd is so cute! I'm excited to see her. I have to teach her a bunch of stuff while I'm there.
Like mother, like daughter. She is acting more & more like you every day Dev!
Ha! That is so dang cute!
Yum....I guess that's better than her biting and licking the cheese grater right next to her. Don't you just love how fun babies are?
Devony, why don't you feed this child once in a while? Obviously she is "starving!" =) Too funny.
Post a Comment