Friday, March 13, 2009

Funny Little Monkeys

This is a very random post and if you're sick of seeing the two little monkeys that run my house you can skip it, but I need to preserve these moments. Sydney is in such a funny phase right now! She's 18 months old on her way to 12 I think. I walked in the living room and found this the other day - Sydney helping herself to a show with some pancake mix on the couch - presumably for a snack? Also note her "Wow, look at that!" face. It's because she got caught with the remotes and is changing the subject. Stinker!
Here"s our little Mady Cakes looking all big. She's 7 weeks old today! She's becoming more and more responsive to outside stimuli (namely us) which is great. Little smiles creep in now and again to melt your heart.
Sydney decided to teach her dolly a much needed lesson about the dangers of drinking and driving (see bottle on floor). Friends don't let friends drive drunk. Sydney might be enjoying the carnage a little more than she should. Also the dolly was not wearing a seat belt. Naughty.
This is a daily occurrence in our house now. I had to rearrange my pantry so the lower shelves held items Sydney could play with. She's sort of into everything. Last week she loved water pitchers, this week it's the colander. Who knows what her next love will be.
Hopefully not this! I know they grow up fast, but this is a little too fast! Last night we were making dinner and I hear Sydney saying "mwuh mwuh." When I turned around I saw this. Yup, apparently this girl loves Indiana Jones because she was totally kissin' on him.
When my parents came out they brought Sydney a baby doll of her own to play with to help with any feelings of jealousy. She's done really well, and she loves that doll. I brought up my doll stroller from when I was a kid and she loves that thing. Poor doll had a few spills at first, but the kid's a pro now, even if the doll is riding upside down sometimes.
Sydney is such a little copycat right now. She'll feed her baby doll, tap the bottle on her wrist to check the temperature (she doesn't miss a beat!), burp her baby, and try to help change Mady's diaper. Aaron mentioned the other day how observant she is and that she's learning right now how to be a mom. Kind of scary that she's learning while I am, but kind of neat too.
She wants to do everything we do. Sometimes this is great like when I brush my teeth, she wants to brush hers. Other times it doesn't work so well, like when I'm cutting chicken or something - I know, we're totally mean parents and won't let her use knives or uncooked meat yet. Talk about overprotective! We're making smoothies in this picture and Sydney is scarfing the fruit down almost as fast as I could get it in the blender.
Mady is my snuggler. Sydney always preferred snuggling with Aaron. Mady prefers me. Different shapes I guess, but I like having a snuggle budy. It's cozy.
Look - proof that we had flowers. Beautiful crocuses. It's been really nice out here and all of our bulbs have been coming up and starting to bloom. Then the evil beastie bunnies came and devoured them all. I hate those varmints. It's wabbit season again.

5 comments:

Heath and Jessica said...

You had an early morning, posting at 5:15 a.m.! I love how Syd is getting more & more imaginative. Too funny! I think it is hilarious that Syd was kissing Indiana Jones! Better watch out for when she starts going to school! She could kiss boys on the bus! Madelyn is adorable too! I can't wait to meet her in about a week!

Bethany said...

You are an adorbale little family. K, cute apron on Sydney! What a fun little momma you are!

Karen said...

I'd better warn Eli that Sydney is into kissing these days. He's gots to get his lips ready. ;) Also, my favorite is Syd's delight over her splattered drunken doll. She is ecstatic about this situation. Love it!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haylee Mecham said...

I am so excited to see you guys!! I love that Mady likes to snuggle with you.. I like to hold Isaac sometimes while he sleeps because he's not a snuggler anymore.. sniff. I love Syd with her dolly. She is so much fun and all sorts to silly! And mom says she is the band - aid princess.. just like her mommmy the queen! haha! (and i was the one who deleted the comment. I was signed into another gmail account for a class. oops!