This kid loves her food. She's almost 7 months old and she's tried a lot of different foods. She'll eat most of the foods we give her, although occasionally we have to convince her by eating some ourselves. So far she likes: squash, sweet potatoes, corn, carrots (not fresh), apples, blueberries, mangoes, guava, bananas (frozen are her favorites), pears (pureed only, no chunks allowed or she spits them out), rice cereal (mixed with fruit), chicken broth, graham crackers, animal crackers, pasta, bread, and pizza sauce.
She refuses to eat any green vegetables (we've tried peas, beans, spinach, and broccoli) and spits them all out at us. At least she eats as many foods as she does, even if she is pretty particular about some of them! We'll count our blessings that she's such a good kid!

Sydney eating her favorite frozen bananas. She's naked because she gets sooo messy!
Also, since I originally wrote this she has now tried croissants and cranberries, both of which she liked. Actually she loved the croissants and I had to share more of mine with her than I really wanted to. What can I say, she takes after me! I love them!
11 comments:
I want to see her again! I can't believe how fast she is growing.
You'll have to try her on avocados like Nancy mentioned. Both her girls loved avocados!
Don't you just love to see them discovering new things?
Emily has yet to spit anything out - even steak. Oinkers.
She is a good eater! She is better than most kids I know. I hope our baby is a good eater too!
Learned something interesting the other day...not sure how true it is but it is something to think about. They say that kids that are picky eaters actually get most of their tastes before birth because the amniotic fluid will change slighty to different flavors so if kids aren't exposed to greens before birth they are more likely not to eat them after. Maybe that is why I don't do fish???
You have been tagged
Your baby is so cute. It is so much fun trying new foods with them. I have to strip Mackenzie down too when she eats. I figure it is easier to wipe her down than getting a new outfit and having tons more laundry.
She is so adorable.I love each and every picture of her! I also LOVE adoption, it is truly a blessing from heaven- thank you for your Adoption post. I loved the reminder of being grateful for the divine role of MOM- it's hard, but oh so so fun!
Isn't it fun being a mom?
Can I just say one more time what a cutie my niece is. I can't wait to see her in a few weeks!
We found the only way to get Emma to eat vegetables was to give her V8 fusion - or whatever the juice is called that's fruit and Veggies.
She also loves Tator Tots - but my wife informed me that those don't count as vegetables.
Post a Comment