.jpg)
While he was off being manly, a friend and I decided to drag our babies to a community garage sale nearby. I love the concept of community garage sales. Everyone brings their stuff out, you drive like 3 miles and hit 15 garage sales, etc. Well, I realized that this community was an over 55 community, which made me think they would have tossed most of their stuff when they moved in, but apparently not! It was pretty funny because everything was sooooo old! It made us laugh. We did go to one other garage sale that was better, but all in all it was just a funny morning.
Then Aaron and I both spent the rest of the day working in the yard. He dug a giant hole to plant our new tree in that we purchased Friday night (a globe willow). Then our neighbor kindly helped him roll and heave the thing into place. Thanks Caleb! I meanwhile, was not just cooling my heels. Our landscaper did not put enough dirt in our garden when he did it and the stuff he did put in was mostly the original clay crap that doesn't grow anything. We ended up buying a ton of steer manure, peat moss, and sand to help break down the icky stuff in there, but it all had to be mixed together. That's what I did. The good news - I finished it all right about the same time Aaron finished the tree. The bad news - still not enough dirt. We need to do more this week. Blah. Sydney sat on a blanket and watched for awhile, until the wind kicked up and blew my shirt halfway up my back (can we say, show your religion day?), blew a bunch of our bought dirt away, and blew it all over my slobbery kid and her toys. She was covered in brown stuff. Needless to say, we all ended up having baths that night.
.jpg)

5 comments:
Tyler's family lives in Castle Rock and we were in the Springs and both places had the best garage sales so don't give up. I seriously bought all of Garret's clothes for an entire year there for probably 20$ total.
and about the book blog, I think it would be so fun. Some people are trying to talk me into doing good reads so let me decide becuase I can probably only do one but ill let you know.
I want to see a picture of your new tree! Shawn planted one on Saturday too for his mom.
I will never smash into Aaron when he is holding a gun.
Days like that sounds so nice... and so out of the student world we have lived in for far too long! Enjoy the dirt, work, and fun memories!
Post a Comment