Saturday, March 15, 2008

6 Months Old

Sydney is 6 months old now! It's pretty hard to believe, but it's true. She's now tasted squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, rice cereal, and peas, and beans. She's loved all the yellow/orange veggies, but when she tasted peas it all ended. As you can see below, they haven't gone over so well, both canned and frozen.
Watching her e-card from her Auntie Jessica! Thanks again!
On Monday we took her in for her 6 month well care visit and found out that she weighs 17 lbs 7 oz, so she's gained a fair amount in the last 2 months (she was at 14 lbs 13 oz). She's a big healthy girl and she got her immunizations and a flu shot. She was perfectly silent through the first 2 shots, and on the third one she realized something was going on she didn't like. She started screaming and she was pretty much mad the rest of the day. She ended up getting her highest fever ever that night (102.1!) and not only refused all solids, but actually wouldn't drink a bottle until we got the fever to break with some Tylenol. It wasn't until she wouldn't drink a bottle that I got nervous since anyone who knows Sydney knows that she's obsessed with bottles and has NEVER turned one away in the history of the world. Thank heavens it did pass, although that was a long night. She had a fever the next day too, but not as high, and with some Tylenol, we kept it away until it left on it's own for good. Yay. Only one problem. Since the shots, Sydney will not eat solids. I'm practically force feeding her! I've gotten her to eat a little rice cereal, and she's decided that squash and sweet potatoes are ok again, but she's so incredibly anti carrots and all things green you'd think I was feeding her rotten potatoes. That stinks.

5 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Those stinkin' shots!

4HessGirls said...

Shots are not fun. Hope the eating gets back to normal again.

Katie said...

So sorry she got sick! It is horrible that they have to get sick after shots, but I guess it's the best way to prevent some very BAD things...Anyway, I hear you about the whole not liking anything green! Spencer was a VERY picky baby and then he turned into a HUGE eater and now he is picky again...it is a never-ending cycle that I can't wait to fix. Livi on the other hand is a GREAT eater and LOVES her salad and green beans. Thank goodness!!

Heath and Jessica said...

I'm glad she liked her e-card! Too bad about her getting a fever from her shots! Maybe she associates the shots with the solid food?

Leah said...

Wow Dev, I can't believe how much that cute little girl of yours has grown! Audrey at her one year check-up only weighs 6 more ounces than Sydney at her 6 months!