Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Little OCD with Organization

This week I got sick of having all of my grocery bags full of food storage just sitting in front of my food storage shelves. (They often get left there when I get back from the store since Sydney has often had it by the time we get home. !) So Thursday while Sydney was taking a nap I went and organized everything. Yay. I need to take inventory more often to see what I do and do not need to buy. For example, we have about 30 boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats, which I really like, but I am buying them faster than I eat them! Definitely do not need any more of those for awhile. But I do need more pickles, peanut butter, and pineapple (alliteration not intended).

I love when all of my food is lined up by type, flavor, etc. It looks so pretty. I think I might be OCD in this way. I love to organize books, cds, etc. My movies are in alphabetical order by category/shelf, Sydney's books are organized by height & type, and now you've seen my food storage.

Tonight I went grocery shopping and ended up buying 30 lbs of ground beef and 20 lbs of chicken. I love sales. I grew up in a family that could have invented food storage - my mom does home canning for everything and has a large food storage room, a garden bigger than my back yard, and 1 extra freezer and 2 fridge/freezer combos. Needless to say, it was sort of ingrained in me. We got a freezer when we were still poor college students and moved it out here with us when we came. I'm not sure what we did before we got it. Where did I pack all my meat? Oh that's right. We couldn't fit anything in our regular little half freezer because it was packed with meat. Hmm, anyway, this definitely holds a lot more, and it all looks so pretty stacked in there. After putting the new beef and chicken away, I organized the freezer my meat types. Ground beef and breads on the top shelf, chicken and turkey on shelf 2, hams, steaks, ribs, and roasts on shelf 3, then pizzas and other various items on the bottom shelf. Too bad it can't stay always so organized!

6 comments:

4HessGirls said...

Your food storage looks great! Nice and organized :)!

rick and cheryl said...

Oh Devony, we are so alike! I do that too, bags all on the floor until either Rick can't step over them anymore or I have time to put them all away neatly. We even have the same shelves! K, I have a plan...Food storage...best prices...I will call you and see if we can't figure something out!

Shawn and Brittany said...

That is funny I did that two weekends ago and realized I need more storage space for all the food I have bought!

Heath and Jessica said...

How pretty Dev! Being OCD isn't always a bad thing, to a certain extent. I think we are all a little OCD.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

So when we come on hard times...we know where to go...Thanks Dev! JK - lookin good!

Beattie Family said...

ok, so you can come to my house next:)