Saturday, March 15, 2008

Big Week

In addition to turning 6 months old, having her first flu shot, and getting her highest fever ever (see previous post), we had a few other milestones/picture worthy events:

Made pizza with mom
First BBQ of the year (at our house)!
First time in court
Sydney also rode the swings for the first time ever but the camera was not present, so we have to go back. Aw, shucks. :)

More about the court photo - on Wednesday we took Sydney to the courthouse and were able to finalize Sydney's adoption. She is now lawfully ours forever and ever. Yay! It was a great day, despite the fact that little Stinky Pete here pooped her diaper in the courtroom. I don't think the judge noticed though - he was too busy admiring her painted toes and she was grinning at all the attention. We now have our final adoption paperwork and can take Sydney through the temple with us! Hooray! What a great week. Also we had Book Club, and I finished 3 books this week, so it was the perfect icing on the cake!

17 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

I love that she wore her dress from Auntie Adrianne to court. The judge must have thought she was very cute.

The Dixon Family said...

Wow Dev. Look how far you've come! She's all yours! Congrats. This is a great day!




*And hopefully it's her last time in a courtroom . . .

The Coopers said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

4HessGirls said...

Congrats on the finalization! That is so exciting. Great pictures of you and your family!

Katie said...

That is wonderful!! Congrats!

Allison said...

Hooray!! I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear the details of the upcoming sealing! Did you decide to do it in Denver?

Shawn and Brittany said...

Dang Dev all the pictures of you are so cute! I love the skirt. And Syd's dress is awesome. Cute mom!

Heath and Jessica said...

Way to go! Teach her young how to cook! I can't wait to have a barbeque, & I am glad you took a picture of you guys in court with the judge! Yeah!

Dransfield Diaries said...

We are so happy for your family. Congratulations!

natalie said...

Awww I'm so happy to hear about Sydney!!! That's so exciting :) she is such a beautiful girl, and you guys are such a cute family!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hi Devony! I found your site off of Abby's site and had to say hello! I don't know if you remember me...But we had a religion class together at Ricks a long while back, I think it was Family History?
Anyways, You look so great! And your family is adorable! I am also so happy for you and this great news of finalizing your adoption! Hooray!
Anyways, we have a blog too if you ever want to check it out. Is it ok if I add you to my list so I can sneak a peek at your cute little family once in a while?

Here's our blog:
littlefamilyjld.blogspot.com

Good to see you Devony!
~Linda (Erickson) Reece
(& Joel and baby Dallin) :)

Rachel and Tyler said...

Congratulations!!!

Bethany said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ariana said...

It really has been a big week for you. I'm glad to hear all went well and congratulations on her being all yours now. Temple sealings are so wonderful. I went to my cousins when they sealed their little girl to them and I'm never experienced something quite so amazing.

Annie said...

That's so great! I saw pics of the temple on Adi's blog and you guys look so happy. :) Congrats!

Kiery said...

I can't wait to see pictures of last weekend! How was the flight home?

Stacey Jensen said...

I am SO excited for you guys!! Our family is FINALLY complete! Now we just need to get to the temple. How I miss you guys. Love you all.